The Dark Castle

The Dark Castle was worse in the day. Every corner, every wall, every door screamed with a fear-provoking silence. It was hollow and empty. The most horrifying thing Roman could think of couldn't match this. This was a nightmare mirrored a thousand times.

And they hadn't even gone inside.

Virgil put his hand on the huge castle doors and opened it smugly. He seemed so confident now he was in his realm that Roman was pretty sure the Dark Prince had actually flirted with him. It would be amusing if it wasn't in such a morbid place. And it seemed Patton and Logan had the same views.

"Must we go in there, Virgey?" Whined Patton, shivering a little. "It looks awfully dark..."

Logan swallowed, trying to keep his voice steady. "Yes, I concur with Patton. Maybe we should find a torch or something. I-It-" He coughed, failing to cover up the stutter, "It could result in injury if we don't have any form of light"

Virgil smirked and clicked his fingers. Something rushed from his hand into a torch bracket along the wall and ignited the dry wood. "Oh look. A torch." Logan glowered at him.

"It can't be that bad..." Roman stated although it sounded more like a question. "Let's just get it over with..." Virgil grinned at Roman's' support and headed inside, followed reluctantly by the others. 

The door closed behind them.

.:*:.

"Virgil, pardon my language but this place is a fucking maze!" Claimed Logan, ignoring Patton's' slap on his arm.

The enemy gave a cocky smile. "So was your palace. That's how I ended up in Princey's' bathroom or something like that!" He shot them quick finger guns before freezing.

The others stopped walking, staring at him with concern.

"Emo? You good?" Roman asked, fidgeting.

Patton looked over his shoulder. "I don't see anyone, kiddo..."

"Yes..." Murmured Logan uneasily. "This corridor is deserted if you exclude us..."

The three turned back to Virgil who was grinning like a mad man. "You guys remember the Schuyler sisters?" They all nodded. "Well," Virgil smirked, "These girls are my equivalent."

Three small people appeared in the air, looking like beautiful teenagers but as small as four-year-olds. They had large wings on their backs and a curious little tail.

"Demons?!" Squeaked Patton.

"Imps." Corrected the one with yellow wings. She had grey skin and wore a yellow jacket with a black skirt.

Logan's' jaw dropped. "This is fascinating. Imps can turn invisible! I never knew-!"

One in a green blazer scowled at him. "Of course you didn't. Some humans don't know anything!"

"SHUT UP, HEATHER!" Shouted the imp in the middle. She was more beautiful than her partners and had large, perfect scarlet wings.

"Sorry, Heather..."

Roman blinked. "Y-You're all called Heather?" The imps nodded and Roman grinned despite himself. "Epic..."

"Yep. These are my Heather's'. All are my assistants, although they never do a good job of keeping me safe." Virgil said, with a soft smile as he folded his arms gently.

The yellow Heather pouted. "Deceit screamed at us for ages when he found out you were gone!"

The red Heather narrowed her eyes. "He's no fun at all."

"No surprise there." Shrugged green Heather.

The Light Realm citizens still stared up at the imps, dumbfounded as Virgil smiled knowingly.

"Heathers." He said in such a regal voice, his three friends jumped. "Take us to my room."

Two Heathers nodded obediently as the Red Heather smirked. "Three men at once, your majesty? That's better than your brother who's only managed to get laid by his fiance!~"

Virgil rolled his eyes playfully. "Just get us there."

The three imps dived at the four men, circling around them so fast it just became a blur of colour. The next thing they knew, they were all sitting on a small bed in a room half the six=ze of Roman's'.

The Heather's' were gone, somewhere in the castle probably.

Virgil's' room was small and dark, a large window open behind them. Several clothes were scattered on the ground, most of them being jackets or hoodies.

Virgil, possibly embarrassed by the state of his room stood up and cleared his throat. "Well. Let's get going!"