"Yours. Your side. I'm on your side, Ari. I've always been on your side. I never stopped." Keigo quickly responded, causing my body to go numb. I wasn't actually expecting an answer to that question. It was more rhetorical.

It was quiet for a moment, as I replayed his words in my head, thinking I must have misunderstood them.

"W-Wait-"

"Ari, I'm a double agent." Keigo quickly followed up, his words loud and clear, trying to get through to my dense head.

I stared at him in blank confusion, really not knowing how to feel. Is he playing a joke on me? Is he lying? Double agent?

Keigo watched me carefully, clearly knowing I wasn't following, before he continued.

"So....here's the truth.....I've been a double agent, working for the heroes, this whole time. What you saw a few days ago....the way I treated you, the way I interacted with the league....it's just a mission. A job. Nothing more." He stated clearly, studying my face for any immediate reactions.

I gave him absolutely nothing, still not wrapping my mind around anything. Keigo noticed this and decided to continue.

"I was never on the side of the villains, chicky. Never. I'm still in the wrong. I know that. I lied to you. I never told you the truth, because I thought you'd be safer if you didn't know. Admittedly, I ended up getting too deep into it, so I also didn't want you to hate me. God, there are so many things I haven't told you. So many things I've kept from you. I wanted to tell you. I don't like lying to you. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry about all of it. But, I am not a traitor, baby. I'm still a hero. My job was to gain the trust of the league of villains. That's all it was. That's all it is. I would never betray you. I love you. Wow, I love you so much. I could never betray you. You're my girl....you're....you're still my girl...." He babbled out a mile a minute, the words falling out of his mouth like word vomit.

I stared at him in pure disbelief, my jaw slightly ajar in pure shock. It's like his words were just bouncing off my brain, one by one, not absorbing any part of this.

So. Many. Questions.

What?

I don't understand. Surely, he's messing with me.

Of course, my first reaction is doubt.

I blinked a couple times, trying to regain my tough exterior.

"Bullshit!" I retorted very intelligently, keeping Keigo pressed against the wall.

He rapidly began shaking his head in disagreement, seeing this conversation was already going south, even though it just started.

"Not bullshit! That's the truth!"

"And why the hell would I believe you?!"

He sighed softly, expecting an answer like that, before his arms slowly lifted.

My eyes widened as I didn't even realize my quirk had deactivated at some point. Keigo must have been counting the seconds, even though I wasn't.

This guy knows me too well. He knows how to work me too good.

Too shocked to even retaliate, I watched as he gently grabbed my arm that was holding the dagger to his throat, slowly pulling it away from him.

His other hand came up, grabbing my arm that was locked around his neck, before he carefully pulled it away, too.

I looked at him absentmindedly, as a whirlwind of emotions festered around inside my head. He kept his hold on my arms, lowering them down to my sides.