Chapter 9 : no choice...

Start from the beginning

"My best friend isn't talking to me I know what I did was real wrong but I apologised .. okay I didn't but HE'S NOT HEARING ME OUT not answering my calls. Tell me who does that to their best friend that also a childhood friend"

All of them looked at the back I also, to continue the suspense looked back at the wall.

Anyway Mrs. Sethi continued, "whenever there are, his matches, his parties I didn't make it to them like almost every time. So he thinks I don't care I'm like oh who attends my friends name party! I will sit at home and watch Sooryavansham (movie)"

Class laughed even Mrs. Sethi laughed, I peered to see Abhi I know he wasn't even smiling he was a tough nut to crack.

"But no I swear on my makeup I care. And above all that I care for you, you are my true friend. I'm extremely sorry, I am not making a promise that I'll make it to your matches in the future but I'll try my best just forgive me this time. Bunk fourth period and meet me at our spot"

"No bunking Kyra" Mrs. Sethi warned directly looking at me. I nodded seriously, fourth period it is.

At the start of the third period Krish came to my seat grinning.
"That was great and Sooryavansham line was epic!"

I managed to smile, nervously asked , "how's he taking?"

Krish bent keeping his elbows on my desk, "he smiled a little at that bunk line"

I shot him a look, "not this did you ask that will he go?"

He gave me sad smile, "he didn't say anything"

I looked down despondent.

"But I can ask him" He said.

"No!" I immediately said before he could get up

He gave me a confused look.
"I-I will wait there if he comes well and good and didn't-

"His loss" He completed, looking at me.
I blinked and they ask why I love him.

*

Fourth period I bunked. Mrs. Sethi said to Danish to keep an eye on me. See the benefit of making him our friends forcibly.

I leaned back at the tree's trunk. It was our school playground. The best childhood memory for any kid.

This tree was special because even after so many swings in the ground we liked this one. It was tall with so many branches Abhi used to climb the top one and challenge me to do the same. Getting a fractured arm ,stung by a bee, scrapped by the branches, almost peed looking down when I was so near then also I never reached him.

He was far very distant I climbed up and up but it was like he went more far away, the distance always remained.

I looked up when I found shoes in front of mine I followed my eyes and saw Him he came.

I went to hug him at once but he shifted back.

"Kyra ..." He stopped looking at me he appeared so tired.

"What happened Abhi are you okay?" I put my hand on his shoulder concerned.

"I don't know" he messed his hair frustratedly and slumped down resting his back on the tree. I went sat near him still observing his face.

"I am sorry," I said to fill the silence.

He shook his head, "no it's not your fault, I acted like an asshole to you earlier it was a small thing I'm over it ....I just took out my frustration on you"

"Why are you frustrated?" I shifted more towards him.

"Is it about your Papa?"

He didn't admit he didn't need to . It was

He and his father relationship had always been a rocky one. He was against Abhi playing cricket. He wanted him to focus on his studies and do something meaningful.

"He got me enrolled to an IIT coaching" he said with his jaw clenched.

"My mummy also wants me to join one before the entrance," Mummy suggest to give the test series. I haven't decided what I have to do yet. So I agreed. But Abhi has decided he loves cricket although he's better in studies than Krish and I but his only dream is Cricket.

"You better joined my one" he threatened me playfully.

I glanced up, " you'll go?"

He took a deep breath, " do I have a choice?"

I lay my head on his shoulder, "you have one but it's a difficult one" I said.

Yup an update 😁

Did you guys watch the news Corona came to India it had before I know but now to the northern part. Just stay safe guys don't leave your house without a mask. I lost mine at school. I took it out, it's not really comfortable in it. I don't know how people put it though it looks cool.
And say Namaste don't shake hands. And did you guys also noticed the coughing like something has happened to the air every one is coughing around. My mother my friends my teachers even I'm having mild one.

Anyway, stay healthy and safe and don't forget to vote😉