Chapter 29: it's high time

You've got a hold on meDon't even know your power I stand a hundred feet But I fall when I'm around you

Don't even know your power
I stand a hundred feet
But I fall when I'm around you

Show me an open door
Then you go and slam it on me
I can't take it anymore
I'm saying baby please have mercy on me
Take it easy on my heart
Even though you don't mean to hurt me
But you keep tearing me apart
Would you please have mercy, mercy on my heart ....
- Mercy by Shawn Mendes

"Okay ma'am," he settled himself straight.
Grinning he said, "I love you Kyra"

What was that???
The bottle crumpled as I tightened my hold to be confirmed that I wasn't dreaming. I looked around as if to ask someone did you hear it what he said or it was only me imagining and deluding to next level.

The only people I found were that grumpy manager watching us like hawk finding me noticing him, he gestured towards his watch seriously dude? and other was that falling and getting up man who was now again fallen.

I turned back to Krish, he was still grinning eyes on me.

I waved my hand in front of his face was he in his senses?.

He caught it putting down.

I tried to calm my heartbeats come on get a grip we don't want to step on that trap again.

I frowned holding his hand,"you said something?"

He nodded slowly.
Okay.

I removed my hand but he wasn't leaving it.
Double Okay

I tilted my head I asked, stuttering "can-n you-u repeat it?"

"I love you Kyra," he said again without missing a beat.

"Oh my God! " I exclaimed.

No no this is too damn easy this can't be possible this is a well constructed snare for me!

With halfheartedly I freed my hand creating a distance between us a much needed distance right now by shifting away.

"Okay Krish complete that sentence or let's get moving," I said in a terse tone.

He shifted towards his side taking his time before he answered, "I love you Kyra that's what I think sometimes like when I saw you here for me my immediate thought was I love you. When you were there for me when Abhi was gone I felt like my entire world would turn over.
I have had moved here to this town to forget some memories to make new and when I found something to hold on to, it left me.
I was expecting myself to go back to that phase I was damn sure it will take hella lot of time to recover from it but it didn't happen. Yes I am lonely but not completely because I have you also now and for that I love you Kyra,"

I chewed my lip absorbing it I looked away saying, "you mean as a friend,"

When he didn't say anything for like a minute I glanced back he had a distant expression his eyes travelled back to mine he mumbled slowly, "I don't know,"