CHAPTER 3

SOPHIA'S  POV :-

"Good morning Dr. Sophia," Rahul greeted me as I entered the hospital. Rahul is the gatekeeper of the hospital.

"Good morning Rahul." I replied back and went further.

I entered my OPD room, where sister Misha was doing her work.

"Good morning sister Misha. You arrived earlier than me today" I told her.

"Good morning Dr. Sophia. Yes, I had some work to finish before we start today's OPD. So came a bit early today." She told me, "By the way, Dr. Mann was looking for you, Dr. Sophia. Please meet him in his cabin." She informed me.

"Why? What happened?" I asked her as I placed my handbag on the table.

"I don't know. He just came here and asked for you." She replied.

"Okay then. I will go just now and meet him," I said and left the OPD room.

I walked through the hallway, to Dr. Mann's cabin. He is the superintendent of the hospital.

I knocked the door of his cabin and he told me to come in.

"Good morning Dr. Mann. You were looking for me?" I told him.

"Good morning Dr. Sophia. Yes I was looking for you. Please sit," he told me and pointed me to sit on the chair in front of his table, just opposite to him.

"Dr. Sophia, medical association has kept a seminar on the the preventive measures and management of autoimmune disorders, in New York City next week, for discussing and finding the preventive measures and further treatment against the autoimmune diseases. And fortunately our hospital has also got an invite. I will love to attend the seminar, but I have some important work to complete. You are a talented doctor of our hospital. Your intelligence and smartness is worth praising. So I want you to go to the New York City and attend this seminar on behalf of our hospital. Here are all the details about the same," Dr. Mann told me and handed me some papers.

I took it from him and opened them to find that they contained all the necessary information for the seminar. At first, I was quite thoughtful as to whether I should go or not. But then I realised that it was a good opportunity to present myself on behalf of this huge hospital. Not everyone gets such an opportunity in life. I guess I am fortunate enough to get selected to represent my hospital in some other country, be it some other continent.

"What happened, Dr. Sophia? What are you thinking?" Dr. Mark's voice broght me back to reality from my thoughts.

"Nothing Dr. Mann. I am ready to go and attend the seminar." I told him, giving him a firm smile.

"Okay great then. Please submit your passport, so that the association can arrange for your visa and tickets for the next week." Dr. Mann told me.

"Sure Dr. Mann, I will submit it till today 12 p.m. Thank you." I told him and left his cabin.

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

"My, my, my Sophia. You seriously are not kidding right?" Elsa asked, no, actually she shouted in the phone and pained my ear.

Elsa is a computer engineer and my best friend forever. She and I have been together for more than 15 years now. She and I studied in the same class since grade 1. In grade 11, she took maths as her subject and I opted for biology. Though we had different classes, but we were still together. And luckily we still are together. Actually I am lucky to have a best friend like her or more like a sister. She is always there for me in both happy and sad days. During my sad days, she cries with me and gives me support. And in my happy days, she laughs with me and celebrates the happiness with me.

"What Sophia, are you still on line?" Elsa's voice again boomed in my ear.

"Yes Elsa. I am still there and yes, I am not kidding. I really have got a chance to represent my hospital in some other country and I feel I am so lucky," I told her.

"Definitely you are lucky, Sophia. But also you are talented. It is your intelligence and smartness that have given you this opportunity. I have always seen you working hard, getting tired working all day and night, for achieving your dreams in life. You deserve it Sophia. You deserve it. You are the perfect candidate. And I am so so so happy for you." Elsa told me.

"Awww, Elsa can you please stop becoming more and more sweet day by day? I think I will get Diabetes soon." I replied.

"Don't worry baby, you won't get it till you have me with you. But this doesn't spare you from giving me a party. Tell me when is the party baby?" Elsa asked me.

"Tonight. In the club 07. Ready?" I told her.

"No need to ask baby. You know Elsa never says no for a party. Its tonight then. Meet you in club 07 at 7 in the evening baby." She said excitedly and ended the call.

******************************