CHAPTER 51

CHRISTIAN'S  POV :-

"Where is my daughter?" A man, maybe in his late fifties shouted, coming towards us.

I looked up only to realise that it is Sophia's father. Yes, yesterday I had to inform Sophia's family about her condition. They were expecting her to arrive home by today morning. But when they heard about her condition yesterday, they were desperate to come and visit her. So I arranged for her parents' travel from India to New York in my private jet.

"I asked where is my daughter?" Her father asked my Dad.

Well, I am in no state to answer their questions or give them any explanation. I just want my baby girl to come out of coma happy and healthy. This is the second time, I am almost about to lose her. How can I be stupid to send her alone, after whatever Kylie had done with her? I should have known that bastard brother of Kylie will do something to take her sister's revenge, as her sister is rotting in jail.

I could hear my father telling something to Sophia's father, maybe explaining him about her condition. I burried my face in my palms, crying yet again for nth time since yesterday. I couldn't help but cry my heart out, looking at the fragile figure of my fairy. Her once rosy cheeks are now pale. I am dying to see her beautiful eyes. But all I see is her pale face. I want to hear her melodic voice, but all I hear is the sounds of the machines around her. Currently I feel like I am the most unluckiest man in this world.

"Son, care to explain what is going on here? How do you know my daughter and why was she living with you? I thought she was staying in a hotel?" Sophia's mother asked me, while sitting besides me.

I know I am not in the condition to speak to anyone, but at the same time, it is not their fault that they are worried about their daughter. I need to do this. I have to tell them the truth.

So I started telling them about how I met their daughter and how I asked her to pretend as my fake girlfriend. How I kidnapped her and took her to Spain. How we both spent the last two weeks together. How she was really kidnapped by my psycho ex. How we fell in love with each other and decided to get married in 6 weeks. How my fairy got in an accident, which ultimately led her to coma. After about one hour, I was finally done speaking and that is when I cried again. What have I done to deserve this? She is my first and only love. And I couldn't bear to lose her. But will she ever wake up again? Will I be able to see her beautiful eyes again? Will I be able to hear her melodic voice again? That stupid doctor says that the chances of her waking up again are very less. Will I really lose her?

Don't be stupid Chris! Think positive. You can't just lose hope. She is your strong baby girl. She will definitely fight against this and come out as a more strong woman.

"Chris, have you checked the CCTV footage yet?" My Dad asked me, placing his hand on my shoulder and squeezing it to give me some strength. But no matter how much they try, I am still like a broken glass, who pieces are scattered all over the place.

"Honey, he is already worried. And all you care about is that damn CCTV footage?" My mother told my father, before I can speak even a word. I know I should check it, but right now I am not in the state to do anything.

After the thorough investigation of the damaged car, which Sophia and Liam were riding, it was found that the brakes of the said car were failed. It is suspected that someone had purposely done it to kill Sophia or Liam. Well, I don't think someone might want to kill Liam as I know he doesn't have any enemy. Whereas, there might be people who would want to kill Sophia, one of them being that bitch's brother. It was suspected that the brakes were cut before the car left my house. So there might be someone who would have done it in my own house. But who? I have high security and no one can enter my house without my permission. Then who would have dared to enter my premises and do such a cheap act? Well, everything might have been recorded in the CCTV cameras of my house, but right now I am so broken that I couldn't even care to go and check them to find the culprit. All I want for now is to go and wake my baby girl, to hold her in my arms, to see her beautiful smile, to...

I was brought back to reality by my Dad's voice,
"Okay, don't worry. I will go and check the footage myself. You all wait here and inform me if there is any update," my Dad told us all.

I just silently nodded my head in agreement, as I am not in the condition to speak out even a word.

"But honey, you can check it later. Right now what matters the most is our soon to be daughter-in-law's life," my mom told dad.

"No. I need to check it and find the culprit. I want him or her behind the bars as soon as possible." My Dad said firmly, his voice not leaving any space for argument. My mom too realized it and just nodded her head in agreement.

I stood up and went in the room again to see my baby girl. Oh how I wish I was in her place right now! I wish I was sleeping on the hospital bed at present instead of her.

I went and sat on the stool besides the her and took her hand in my hand, rubbing the back of her hand with my other hand,
"Baby girl. Please wake up. See your parents have also arrived. They are waiting for you outside love. They want to meet you. Please wake up. Not for me, but at least for them. We also have to talk to them about out marriage, don't we? Everyone is waiting for you love. Please open your beautiful eyes and come back to me. I am dying to hold you in my arms, baby girl," I said and cried again. What wrong have I ever done to deserve this? Why can't we just go back to our happy and perfect life once again? Why can't I just reverse this bad time and bring back our good time?