Chapter 18

I dedicate this chapter to @Zohalsmail who is consistently urging me to update and giving me the motivation I need! Hehe here you go,
________

Melody's POV——

I let out a sigh and look down at my hands which are now pale and wrinkly. Stupid Harry and his stupidity, I think to myself. I'm sure there's a million other names that I could've called him but in this moment in time I am exhausted and honestly can't be bothered thinking of any other insults to call him. He's just stupid and that's that.

Looking down at all the clean dishes I've done, I can't help but feel proud of myself and my achievement. Not everyone can say that they've washed thousands of utensils and dishes in one day; I may even have to add it to my short but growing list of life achievements I've had since residing with this gang.

The girls in the kitchen are sweet- as much as they allow to show. They aren't very talkative but that could come down to two reasons. 1. They aren't allowed to talk while working, or 2. They don't like me because I'm a Kingston.
All things aside, I'm almost finished! And although there is sweat dripping down my forehead and my back is aching from being hunched over for so long, I am so relieved that this hell is almost over.

As I'm about to pick up another fork from the drawer to wash, the kitchen door gets pulled opened and everyone's heads turn to see who it is. Niall is standing at the doorway, and to my excitement I see a piece of paper in his hand.

"You can finish washing up now" He says, an unusual authoritative tone lacing his voice and I frown, confused.

"But Harry said-"

"Harry is relieving you of your work. You're all done here now" Niall cuts me off and I swear I hear an angel choir in my head; Hallelujah!
An excited smile etches it's way onto my features and I slowly hop off the chair I've been perched on for hours. I can't feel my bum, that's for sure. I hook the crutches underneath my arms and slowly hobble over to the doorway to meet Niall who is waiting patiently. I turn and smile at the girls in the kitchen before leaving and a few smile back while the other few act as though they didn't see me. Cecelia? She just glares in my direction and then looks back down at whatever she's doing.
I shrug at this response and welcome the warm setting sun onto my skin as I step outside and close the door behind me.

Niall motions for me to follow him and I willingly do so until we appear to be out of hearing range from anyone else around.

"I got hold of Ethan and he was very pleased to receive your message" Niall wiggles his eyebrows suggestively and I smirk, knowing full well he doesn't know the real reason between wanting to see Ethan. "He wanted me to give you this letter", Niall holds the small piece of paper out to me and I take it from his hold, examining it. It's badly crinkled but I shrug it off, did Ethan consider not sending this to me and attempt to throw it out? I really hope not.

"Have you... read it?" I ask him skeptically and he shakes his head, relieving me.

"God no! I don't want to read whatever perverted message he has in store for you. I'd like to stay away from that gross shi- oh stuff, sorry".

I giggle softly at his attempts to keep a clean mouth around me. Good old Niall.
I slowly open it and scan over the writing before reading,

'Dear Melody, how nice to receive word from you. I was half starting to believe that you no longer wanted my help but here I am, stunned that a trusted gang member has approached me and told me of your wishes to meet with me tonight. I guess even the most trusted will always turn their backs on what's familiar for a pretty woman such as yourself. What did you have to do to get him to do that dirty deed for you? I can only imagine...
Luckily for you my schedule is free tonight and I would be more than privileged to meet up with you to discuss further action to do with your Father at our disclosed location, although the horse stables seem a little too risky for me.
Meet me where we first became acquainted, near the fruit trees behind the main tent instead, 11pm sharp as instructed by you.
I am counting down the hours,
Dearly, Ethan'.