Chapter 11

"Tom! Oh god! I thought you were dead!" I quickly scramble from the floor as he stands from his chair and run to him, jumping towards him and wrapping my arms around his now large body.

Though to my disappointment and confusion, he doesn't hug me back. "Well here I am" He seems reluctant to touch me.

I remove my body from him and turn to look at Harry before facing Tom once again.

"Why are you here? What are you doing? Why are you with the enemy?" The questions tumble out of my mouth as I examine the guns tucked into the belt around his waist.

He chuckles, and so does Harry.

"The enemy? We are not the enemy. Your dickhead of a Father is".

My mouth drops open and I stare at him with wide eyes. I feel the urge to lunge at him and wrap my hands around his neck.
"What do you mean Tom? My Father was like a Father to you. Especially when yours passed away!"

Tom steps forward towards me and I notice that he is limping before he speaks again, this time sounding agitated.

"Did you ever think to ask how my Father died, Melody? He was murdered by your Father" I shake my head in disbelief while he continues. "My Father had a proposition for yours to do with protecting the people of his kingdom, but because your Father didn't like the idea it caused a huge disagreement between the two of them. My Father was found dead two days later in his bedroom in a pool of blood with your Father's handkerchief left behind.
Did you ever wonder why I left suddenly and never returned? God. I wanted to kill your Father- I needed to repay him for the pain he caused me, but every time I told myself I was going to, I was warned not to by my Mother. And guess what, she's dead now too. All because of your Father. I vowed to put an end to it, and that's when I came across Harry who also lost his Father because of yours around the same time that I did. Harry and I were young and scared, yet determined to get revenge. All you've been taught to understand and believe about your family is wrong and I will not let you walk around with a brainwashed mind, thinking that your Father is as sweet as butter because Melody,
He's the complete opposite to that, and you can see this by my non existent foot".
He gestures to his foot and I look down to see the reason for his limping.

I start slowly walking backwards from Tom but run into a hard chest behind me. Harry. He grabs hold of my arms behind my back tightly so that I can't move whilst Tom slowly limps towards me. Tears prick my eyes and I shake my head.
I refuse to believe that my father is a murderer. How could he be? He's been nothing but kind and loving to me and the people of the village.

"Why are you crying?" Tom asks with annoyance in his tone.

I hold back a sniffle as a tear rolls down my cheek. "What about all the charity runs my Father organises? What about when he goes around and gives the families in the village who are needy supplies? How can you describe him as such a monster?"

"He doesn't care about the people, silly girl. He cares about himself and his reputation of being loved. He cares about the money" Tom spits out. "We're here to stop him and whilst doing so, get our revenge".

I try to lunge towards him but am stopped as I realise Harry is still holding onto both of my arms behind my back.
Tom steps forward and leans in closely to my face.

"Isn't it iconic how you had the biggest crush on the Styles Gang when you were younger?" He smirks and I watch in shock as he pulls out my little diary from when I was younger.

"Where did you-"

"I have my ways. Have you told Harry about your little crush on this gang?" Tom interrupts me and my cheeks burn red.