Chapter 13

The horse ride was short and enjoyable as we trotted through the forest and I watched the beautiful scenery go past me as I clutched my arms around Harry's waist. I tried my hardest to not think about the message from Ethan but my stomach was twisting and buzzing from all the excitement. He knows where my Father is. He's willing to help me.
For a brisk moment the thought had entered through my mind that maybe Ethan wasn't what he was saying he was; Maybe he was trying to trick me to hurt me. I brushed those thoughts away from my mind with the thought of:
How could he be against me if he had the letter from my Father?
With nothing to lose I make a hasty mental decision to meet up with Ethan tomorrow. What's the worst that could possibly happen?

"Beautiful, isn't it?" Harry's deep voice frightens me and I become aware of my surroundings.

"...Yes. Yes it is. Out here is so different to home".

Harry chuckles, "Of course it's different. Your home is a shit hole; my home is serene".

I roll my eyes. "Nevermind", which is followed by another laugh from Harry. Spending time with Harry has slowly been becoming more and more bearable although I would never actually admit that to anyone; especially him. He's not too bad... But he's the enemy and a killer, I remind myself.
As we continue riding through the forest I begin to feel slightly dizzy and tighten my grip around Harry's waist.

"Harry" My voice comes out as a slur and he slows the horse down to turn his neck and look at me. "I don't feel too good".

Harry turns back around and let's out a loud sigh as he continues to pick up the pace a little on the horse. "For fucks sake. You've never had alcohol before, have you?"

"I've had... um, a sip of... I don't remember- I think wine... once. Long ago" My eyes can't concentrate and I squeeze them closed and hug Harry's body from behind, feeling him tense up underneath my touch.

He starts to chuckle, "Trust you to get plastered from just one beer. Just relax, yeah? No cliff diving for you straight away".

Hearing his words causes me to relax. Thankyou Ethan for this unintentional fuzzy head and sparing me from doing something that could potentially kill me.

"Harry", my eyes remained close as I feel his chest vibrate as he replies with,

"Hmmm?"

"Ethan has been threatening me" The words slip from my mouth without any warning and he pulls the horse to a halt, turning completely to face me.

"What? What do you mean?" His joking side is gone now and he seems angry again by the way his body tenses up under my touch.
Whoops, should have kept my mouth shut.

I start to laugh slightly and let out a groan, touching Harry's face. "Shit! I shouldn't have said anything to you".

Harry smirks. "Shit? Ooh Mel getting comfortable are you?"
He called me Mel. Only a few people have ever called me that in my whole life only including my family and close friends up until now.

"Like I said, Harold. I learnt from the very very best" I laugh loudly and Harry raises his eyebrows.

"Don't call me Harold" He says seriously and I groan, giggling some more.

"So serious. I'm sorry Harold". Harry smirks then shakes his head at my response, turning around again and starting to continue riding.