Chapter 16

I hobble out of Harry's tent once I'm all changed as quickly as I possibly can go. I think in that whole time that woman helped me change I got three vital pieces of information out of her. Three. Her name was Joan, she was 46 and she did not like me. Is that me just guessing? No, the lovely woman told me herself.

I've never had to use crutches before but I've seen people use them before. Although having an idea of how they work I am slightly frustrated that Harry is nowhere to be seen.

"Bummed yourself up pretty bad hey?" A familiar Irish accent approaches me from behind and I rotate my body around to be greeted by a guilty face. "I'm sorry that happened to you" He apologises.

"Why would you apologise? It wasn't your fault" I say.

"Well..." he pauses for a moment before clearing his throat, "You could have died if Harry didn't save you himself... you see, I think I was just in shock and as much as it makes me feel guilty, I barely moved a muscle when Harry was trying to resuscitate you. I'm really sorry, I don't know what came over me. But it has eaten me up inside ever since and I've been waiting for you to finally come out of Harry's tent so I could apologise. If there's anything I can do to make it up to you I'd love to... though there doesn't seem to be anything that is even remotely close to being worthy of your forgiveness". His eyes look glassy and I am left in shock. Not because Niall didn't help me when I needed it but because of how raw and open he's being with me.
You wouldn't expect in your wildest dreams for gang members of the most dangerous gang around to be respectful or caring in the slightest, but here I am discovering more and more rarities every day that I am here.

While looking at his guilt ridden face I come up with an idea. "Niall, would you be willing to do anything if it meant making it up to me?"

He smiles a small smile, "of course! What would you want done?"

I hesitate before responding, "I need you to see Ethan and I need you to give him a message for me when you do".

Niall chuckles before looking seriously at me, "I'm not sure... He doesn't even reside in this camp anymore so I'm not sure how I would get ahold of him but if it means you forgiving me for my selfish act then sure, I'll try my best. What's the message?"

"I need you to tell him to meet me by the horses tonight at 11pm; I need to see him. Oh and..." I consider not asking him this just incase it causes suspicion but go ahead anyway, "When I do go to meet up with him could you in any way distract Harry? Oh and keep all this to yourself?"

Niall looks concerned and I instantly start to panic at what his response will be like. "I'm not sure... I didn't know you two were an item" He wiggles his eyebrows at me and I inwardly gag. It's not like that, Niall.
"Can't say I support the two of you though... there's something off about him that I can't put my finger on. Ah well, each to their own I suppose" He's chuckling now and I just shake my head, faking a smile. It's definitely not like that.

Niall's voice pipes up again, "If Harry finds out I kept something from him regarding you, he would have my balls" His voice is now in a soft whisper.

"He doesn't have to know. Please? It would really mean the world to me and make up for any guilt you're feeling. I will completely forgive you if you do this for me!" I sound desperate and to be honest, I really don't care. Am I deceiving probably the most kindest person I've met in this gang? ...Yes. But what will it matter once I'm back home and everything goes back to normal? I can forget about all of these men and I can focus on moving forward with my family; people who truly care about me and my well being.

Niall's eyebrows furrow together in thought before he finally sighs deeply, "Fine! But if you get caught then I didn't know anything about it, alright?"