Chapter 8

"Wake up" I hear a loud voice in my ear and jump awake.
My eyes look to my hands and then I take in my surroundings before meeting Harry's eyes.

"Where are we?" I ask him and he smirks before holding his arms out for me.

"Secret" He says. "Now jump down".

I lift my leg off one side and then try to turn but I end up getting stuck and losing my balance. A small scream escapes my lips as I fall off, but before I hit the ground I am caught by a pair of arms waiting for me.

"Are you always this clumsy?" Harry asks with an annoyed tone and I glare at him before straightening myself up and dusting down my pants.

"No, I'm not".

He laughs before grabbing my forearm and then pulling me. I look ahead to see a beautiful little cabin made from wood.

"Is this where we're staying?" I ask him and he turns around to give me a sarcastic look.

"Nah".

I roll my eyes as he chuckles and tugs me towards the cabin.
His tight grip on my arm makes me look towards his face, and I notice his defined, stubbly jawline and his nicely shaped eyebrows. I noticed his imperfections and smile slightly.
Part of me wishes I had met this man in a different life, where he wasn't a gang leader and where I wasn't his captive, and part of me wishes that we had a chance. A chance where he wasn't a despiteful, mean rat and a chance where we could get along and go for dinner dates like ordinary people.
He's just so attractive. Physically, I mean. His personality is no short of rotten which is why I think I find him so repulsive, but I can't help but feeling a bit of sadness for ending up this way. Why couldn't Harry have been a boy I met in the streets, or one of my father's men's sons so we could have grown up together and become close friends?
I laugh at the thought and shake my head. It could never be like that.

"I never thought wood was so amusing" Harry's deep voice breaks me out of my thoughts and I look towards him once more to see him smirking at me. "What's so funny?"

"What? Oh- Nothing" I answer shortly, and he hums before settling quiet again.

He opens the cabin door before pulling me inside and closing the door behind us.
I hear him fiddling around in the dark a bit and then I hear the sound of a match being lit, the light engulfing the room. I watch as he slowly lights a lantern and then places it down on a small wooden table.

I take my time to look around the cute little cabin. There is a single bed in the corner, accompanied by what seems to be a bear skin underneath. There are a few crates in the opposite corner, and I assume they're full of non perishable foods.
Other than that, the small wooden table with two chairs and a small sink, that's all that is in the cabin.

"Looks like fun" I say with fake enthusiasm, and I watch as Harry once again rolls his eyes in annoyance. "If you roll those eyes any harder they'll probably roll into the back of your head".

"Shut up" He says as he walks towards the crates. I watch as he uses a crowbar from god knows where to open the crate and then watch as he reaches in.

"Think fast" He says loudly before throwing something towards me and I quickly catch it, looking at it.

Baked beans. What on earth is that?

"I'm impressed" Harry speaks up from the other side of the room. "You have fast reflexes".

"I get it from my dad" I reply proudly, and watch as he scoffs.