Chapter 1

Young Melody^^
-10 years ago-

"Flaming gang!" I heard my Father yell out as he paced across the hard wooden floor. "Four, you said?"

"Yes sir. One had knife wounds and the others had bullet wounds".

I watched from the corner of the room as my Father ran a hand through his short but untamed beard.

"When I find them I'm going to cut off their-"

His eyes locked with mine and he let out a loud breath.

"Melody, what did I say about listening to my private meetings?" He asked as he picked me up and sat me down on a stool. "This is very important to me".

"I know" I admitted, "But Tom just wanted to know what happened to his Dad. Did he get killed?"

My Father locked eyes with the other man in the room and they exchanged a strange look between each other before my Father faced me again.

"Sweetheart, how about you and Tom go out to play? We're handling things around here. Nothing to worry about" His words calmed me and instantly my eyes lit up before I slid off the stool, rushing off.

"Thank you!" I called over my shoulder before going to find Tom.

...

"You have to promise not to tell anyone" I whispered, looking around before reaching underneath my comforter and pulling out my secret diary.

Tom stared in awe as I opened it and scanned my small, messy writing. Oh how I wish I could write like Mother.

"The Styles Gang" I read quietly but proudly and confidently. "Consists of an unknown amount of men who go around and steal. They kill, rob and do lots of awful things to innocent people. But that's what makes them so interesting for me. It's like a book, an adventurous one! And I always imagine the Styles gang to be extremely good looking with deep voices. Real men without a doubt!"

Tom looked excitedly and let out a giggle as I continued to read from my secret diary that I always hid from Mother and Father. They would have an absolute fit if they found out that I owned something like this.

"I had a dream about them the other night" I spoke up, closing the book and shuffling closer to Tom. "One of them kissed me! Oh Tom if you could have just been there to see it!" I hugged my book to my chest as he let out a puff of air.

"What if they find out?"

"Who?"

"Your Mother and Father" He told me with a warning tone laced in his words.

"Oh they won't, I'll make sure of it! It'll be our little secret, okay?" We wrapped our pinky fingers around each other's before squeezing and pulling away.

"I Promise".

*****

OMG guys I'm so excited to write this book! In this scene Melody is about 9 or 10 but her vocabulary is very high because of how she was brought up!
Just summing that up for ya's!
Sorry this is kinda short but I was wanting to introduce a few characters to form the story line before I got on with the proper chapters! :)
Well I'm off to bed, nanight!

Xx-em