Chapter 20

Harry's POV—

As I walk away quickly with adrenaline pumping through my veins, I don't even have to look back to see if Melody is following behind. I clench my jaw but smirk slightly, imagining the inevitability of one of my men dragging her helpless ass to my tent just like I instructed.
My mind runs wild thinking of all the possible "punishments" I could throw at her. Fuck I'm fuming.

Ethan is the fucking "flog". I shake my head and huff loudly, his words echoing in my ears like a never ending annoying ring.
As I had expected, he took the bait of Melody's outfit we prepared earlier. I know the dick has been scoping her out ever since we brought her here, and I just knew he wouldn't be able to resist putting his grubby hands all over her once he got a glimpse of how she was dressed. I needed him to touch her to fuel my anger even more and he did just that.
If you had a chance you wouldn't be able to resist her either, my subconscious reminds me but I shake the thought from my mind.
I have to remind myself that his true betrayal was to this gang, and need to stop picturing and keeping my focus on that creep with her.
I need to focus on the task at hand, and now that the fuckwit Ethan is dealt with, there's only one thing taking up my mind;
Melody is next.

Melody's POV—

I can't ignore the shooting pain rising up from my foot as I am being made to shuffle quickly by two of Harry's men. My heart races in my chest at the memory of watching Harry's fist meet Ethan's face over and over again, and I try to steady my breathing as I notice we are only moments from arriving at Harry's tent.
What will he say? What will he do?
Will he hurt me? Surely not... Right?

"Trying to escape huh, bitch?" One of the men who has one of my arms seethes in my ear as the other man opens up the tent door and I clench my jaw, avoiding his gaze. I begin to build up the courage to fight back but before I can, an angry voice speaks up from inside the dark tent.

"Shut up, Mack" Harry's voice grumbles, and the man I learn to be named Mack huffs, roughly releasing my arm and flinging me forward. Due to the throbbing pain in my ankle I fall to my knees with no trouble, tears pricking my eyes but I refuse to let them fall or allow my lower lip to quiver. Surely by this point my leg is broken.

The tent is quiet for a few moments while the other man who silently walked me here with Mack lights a match and holds it to a lantern, immediately engulfing the tent with a warm light.
I look up to be met with Harry's eyes glaring down at me but he breaks his gaze for a moment to dismiss his men with a flick of his head.
I almost feel the urge to ask them to stay, fear filling me as I think about being alone with Harry while he is in this ravaging state. I just swallow and wait quietly for him to say something as his men leave the tent and pull the door down behind them.

I watch him skeptically from my position on the floor as he begins to slowly pace back and forth in front of me. He brings his finger to his chin in a thoughtful manner before stroking it and humming.

"Oh what am I going to do with you?" He asks in an absent-minded way.

"You could let me go" I manage to say, but much to my annoyance it comes out as a soft whisper.
Harry's eyes dart down towards mine once again and narrow as he takes a step towards me.

"You will never go home. You will never leave the grasp of this gang. Not after the stunt you pulled tonight" His voice is loud and I flinch as he reaches out and grabs my arm, tugging me up to my feet abruptly.
I cry out in pain from my throbbing ankle and Harry's eyes soften slightly as he looks down towards my feet.

"What-" He begins to speak but then stops himself and then kneels down, gripping my leg and pulling it towards him. I wince and watch him warily as he hooks his fingers around my bandage and gently unravels it, revealing my swollen ankle. At one glance, I feel as though I may pass out from the sight, but just take a deep breath and look away;
It looks much worse now that it is purple and blue all the way around.