Chapter 23

...Oof.
________________

One of Harry's hands swiftly moves to hold one of my cheeks while the other moves up to gently clasp around the front of my neck as he moulds his lips into mine, the sound of our raggedy breaths filling the small space between us with each of our movements.

I have never been kissed this way before; with so much thick tension in the air, desperation and desire.

Harry takes my bottom lip in between his teeth and a throaty groan vibrates through his chest as I gasp at the contact, my stomach doing twists and turns at an unbearable rate. The temptation I feel right now is almost too much to handle, and I can't help but push all my protesting thoughts to the back of my mind as my hands move up to weave my fingers through his hair. Why does this feel so wrong but so right at the same time?

"Harry" I moan softly into the kiss but to my dismay he pulls away so suddenly, quickly taking a grip on my chin to pull my head up to look into his dark eyes.

"...Don't" He warns lowly between his panting breaths, "You don't want do that" His voice is stern and he holds a look on his face that is unrecognisable to me. His eyes flick down to my lips once more and then he squeezes his eyes shut before releasing my chin and standing to his feet.

Confusion fills me and I suddenly feel embarrassed and self conscious as I pull my hands up to cover my exposed chest.
"Why not?" I whisper quietly, shying away from his eyes as they land on me again.

I watch as he sighs and runs his hand through his hair, pushing it back again.
"You can't. We can't".

"Oh..." I mumble, looking down at the bath water in front of me and wishing for it to swallow me up whole.

I dare not to look up as I hear Harry's footsteps approach the bathtub again, but am forced to look his way when he reaches out to turn my face towards his own.

"It's not that I don't want to. Fuck me I want to" He grumbles lowly, his eyes focusing on his thumb as he slowly runs it over my bottom lip. "I just know this will complicate things. I can't risk complicating matters any further than they already are right now".

My eyes run all over his face as I take in his words.

"No matter how much I want to" He adds, almost as if to reassure me in a way.

"Maybe you're right" I whisper in response. "We are just too different... besides, I don't love you, and if I don't love you then I shouldn't want to touch you. I shouldn't... and I don't" I lie. I want to touch him more than anything right now.

Harry rolls his eyes and stands again, now turning on his heel to walk towards the door. "There you go again with that love shit. Newsflash sweetheart!" He throws his hands in the air, "You will never love me, and I will never love you. But care to explain how you couldn't resist me two minutes ago when love isn't a factor in this?"

There he is. Rude Harry back at his old tricks again.
I will never love you. Why do his words place a wrenching feeling on my heart? Why do his words even have the slightest impact on me? Why would I care if he could never love me?

"You made a move on me" I defend myself, trying to hide how hurt I am by his sudden transition to mean, harsh words.

"But you didn't tell me not to" He quickly spins around with a devilish look in his eyes, "You didn't stop me. If you didn't want me, and if you didn't want this, then why did you moan my name? Why did you allow me to kiss you and caress you... to hold you by your throat?" He smirks, clearly trying to embarrass me. I feel so deeply humiliated, and by his smug expression I can tell this is his cruel intention.