Chapter 14

Tom. Father. Mother. Carolina. Anne. Harry. Niall. Ethan. Tom.
The water fills my nose and I open my eyes under the water only to see little bubbles floating around me and Harry's men's legs as they try to keep their bodies afloat. I'm constantly surrounded. Whether it be by tiny bubbles or by a ruthless gang, I can never escape.
What would it be like to drown? No doubt it would be a dreadfully slow and traumatising experience... but only if you let it drag on and fought it... right?
You could so easily speed up the process by just inhaling the water and allowing your lungs to collapse inside of you. But can I do that? Should I do that?
This would probably be the easiest way out of all this mess.

But no; I need to see my Father. If going through Ethan is my only choice then so be it but I need to know the truth, even if my life depends on it.

Breaking out of my thoughts, I kick hard upwards and once I reach the surface I am left a spluttering and coughing mess. The sound of cheering fills my ears and I look around at all of Harry's men around me clapping and cheering for me.
I manage to find a rock just peaking out of the water and climb up to sit on it, wrapping my arms around my body and shivering.

"You 'right?" A familiar Irish accent comes up behind me and I turn to see Niall swimming up to the rock I'm sitting on and pull himself up onto it too.

"Yes. I would be better though if Harry didn't throw me" I huff and Niall chuckles, nudging me.

"Speaking of the devil".

Everyone in the water looks up the cliff and my eyes follow only to land on Harry's tattooed torso and then fall down onto his black briefs.

Niall clears his throat, causing me to pull out of my stare frenzy.
"Harry came up with the idea of cliff diving quite some time ago when we were a lot younger. He wanted to create a distraction from the constant fighting that we've grown up with and as you can see an adrenaline rush did just that for him. He was always the dare devil out of all of us and that would often end up in him breaking bones; a real tough one he is. The only trick with cliff diving is avoiding the rocks down there. How we've all managed to miss them is pretty bloody amazing".

I turn to face Niall with a small smile, "So you've known Harry since you were younger then?"

"Oh hell yeah. Known each other since we were born. We were born into the gang together though where as most of these other men weren't" Niall gestures to the other men who are now chanting for Harry to jump.

Niall slaps the water with his palm as I ask him, "Has he always been this vengeful and angry?"

"It's not really my place to say. I'm sure you'll get all the answers you're looking for one day though" and with that, Niall stands up on the rock and then dives back into the water.
I divert my attention back to Harry and watch as he does a run up and then jumps straight off the edge, doing a somersault mid air and then landing in the water in a perfect, applause worthy dive.
Everyone cheers for him and I find myself clapping along too before realising what I'm doing and stop myself purely out of pride.

When Harry resurfaces, many of the men climb out of the water and back up the cliff to dive again but he swims over to me, stopping at my knees.

"You're really brave for jumping the way you did. OH and I hope the water sobered you up" Harry sarcastically smiles at me and I frown, crossing my arms across my chest.

"You know I could've easily died if I had like... hit my head or landed weirdly. You're lucky I didn't drown" I scold him. Harry just throws his head back and runs his hand through his wet hair before locking eyes with me again.