Chapter 15

Enjoy x
_________________________

Melody's POV—

My vision is blurry but slowly as I blink it becomes clear again. I carefully scan my surroundings to see that I am inside a tent; Harry's tent. I feel the material beneath me in between my fingers and realise that I'm also in a bed; Harry's bed.

"It's about time you actually became conscious. How are you feeling?" A deep voice almost makes me jump out of my skin and my shoulders relax when I see Harry's familiar figure emerge from a shadow in the corner of his tent.

"What do you mean? How did I get here?" I ask him and watch as his eyebrows furrow together.

"You drowned" He answers bluntly, moving closer to the end of the bed.

I scoff, "And this is heaven? I had expected it to be far more extravagant than this".

Harry chuckles dryly and then sits himself down on the bottom of the mattress, "Hilarious. You're back a mere 5 seconds and already back to your smart ass comments. Obviously you're not dead. You just lost consciousness and now you're here. You've been in and out for a whole day".

I ignore the urge to respond by telling him that he's always the one making smart ass comments and not me, "What? I'm so confused by everything you just said. If I drowned, how did I survive? And wait," My eyes become wide. "Did you just say I've been out for a whole day?". I frantically look around the tent. I was meant to meet up with Ethan if today is yesterday's tomorrow.

"So simple, aren't you? You survived because you were resuscitated... lucky you, and yes, you heard correct. You have been in and out for a whole day" He frowns at me and then shuffles closer with a skeptical look in his eyes, "Does that bother you? It's not like you have anywhere else to be, right?"

I abruptly clear my throat and shake my head, "It doesn't.. and no". My eyes find their way to his and then down to his lips. "Who revived me?"

I watch as his tongue glides over his lips before he parts them to speak. "I did, but no need to thank me or anything", the sarcasm in his voice is evident and my eyes grow wide but I quickly force myself to recover.

"Oh... so like... You pretty much kissed me?" As soon as the words leave my mouth I shut my eyes and mentally slap myself. Why would I ask such a stupid thing? Shut up Mel.

Harry chuckles, clearly amused by my inexperience with physical touch. "No, we didn't pretty much kiss. I had no other choice but to give you mouth to mouth. You were two non-existent breaths away from losing your life". His response makes me frown and I roll my eyes.

"Well thank you either way. What would I do without you? " I ask desperately.

Harry shakes his head and rolls his eyes. "I sent for a stack of new clothing for you. They're over there piled up on my dresser", he points to his set of drawers and then rises up from his bed. "I'll leave you to get changed and then I want you to meet me outside. Oh and... be careful".

I nod hesitantly and watch as he leaves the tent. Be careful? Of what? I feel fine.
My mind fills with a million different thoughts and I lift my body up, eager to get changed. As soon as my legs swing over the side of the bed and I land on the ground an unbearable pain erupts up my right leg. I gasp and look down at my ankle. It is wrapped up in some sort of bandage. You're joking. I sit back down on the bed and hesitantly reach down to my foot, pulling the bandage to the side just a tad. My eyes widen as I take in my purple, green and blue swollen ankle. I almost go to scrub it thinking that Harry has doused it in paint to play a trick on me but the agony is just too much to fake. I try to turn my foot to get a closer look and yell out in pain.