Chapter 4

As I stare at him all my past diary entries collide at the front of my brain.
The Styles Gang.
The men who would always cloud my mind and dreams.
The men who I would take hours writing about in my little journal.
The men who I would wish I could be like.
As I stare at the gun faced towards me I realise that no fear is bubbling inside of me. Maybe it's because I have always liked the sound of them, or maybe it's because deep down I have always somewhat known and been familiar with them.

I don't know how.

"It's you" I breathe out, diverting my eyes to look at Curly's.

He furrows his eyebrows in confusion and flicks his head, causing three men to step forward and pull out knives. I step back and start laughing.

"You're the Styles gang?" I laugh softly. "Why do you all look so young? Weren't you guys around like, 10 years ago?"

Curly looks at me with a non amused look before taking a quick strive towards me. "You're certainly brave. You shouldn't be..."

I step away from him before shrugging. "I've always wanted to meet you guys. What's your name?"

Curly frowns at me before motioning for the men behind him. "We don't have time for pointless little questions that soon won't be any use to you. Get her".

My eyes shift between the many men that come towards me before finally coming to my senses and running in the opposite direction. I hear commands being yelled out and scream when I hear a gunshot. Why are they shooting at me?!

I run and run until I get to the large forest that I have to get through in order for me to get back home. Should I turn around? I think I've distanced myself a bit.
I end up hiding behind a large tree and sitting down to catch my breath.

I can't believe it. I can't believe that I ran into The Styles Gang. But what is even more bizarre is that they targeted me. Of all people me.
Why?

I snap out of my thoughts when I hear the crack of a stick behind me. I slowly stand from my sitting position and flatten my body against the tree in hopes that whoever is behind me won't notice I'm here.

"That way!" I hear a voice in another direction and hold my breath when I hear the footsteps walk away quickly. Breathing deeply, I close my eyes but shriek when I feel arms grab ahold of me and the slapping of a hand against my mouth.

I try to move but somehow my hands are held in a position that seems to paralyse me, and I shake when I feel a mouth move to my ear and breathe deeply.

"I loved that you ran. I always enjoy a bit of hide and seek now and then" The recognisable British voice grumbles in my ear and I stiffen when he flips me around to face him. His hand glides up my face and runs it to the back of my head, and while he's doing this, backs me up into the same tree I was hiding behind.

He removes the hand that is covering my mouth and I immediately let out a loud scream, which causes him to roll his eyes and grab ahold of my hair, tugging my whole head back painfully.

"Why even bother? You're only going to make it harder on yourself".

My breathing is ragged as I hear him fiddling with something I can't see, but when a cold, hard surface skims my bare neck, I immediately know what it is. It's a knife again.

"Now, we can do this the easy way or the hard way" He sighs as he presses the blade into my neck a tad. "The easy way would be for you to come with my men and I without a fuss, and the hard way would be you trying to escape and getting a nice blood stain all over that pretty dress of yours. Either way, you're coming with us so which way do you think is best, sweetheart?"