Chapter 22

After Harry had stood there and watched me struggle to climb up and onto his horse for what felt like hours with that damned entertained and satisfied smirk never leaving his lips, he finally offered his assistance then climbed up behind me swiftly and got to riding straight away.

"So..." I start cautiously, "How far away is this...house of yours?"

I feel his body tense against my back before he speaks,
"Just be patient and you'll see".

I roll my eyes at his response, "Okay... so how come your Mom has two houses?"

"Why does it matter?" He snaps suddenly.

"It doesn't matter. I am just making conversation. Like I said, I may as well get to know you a little bit more if I'm going to be sticking around for a while".

Harry chuckles, but it sounds spiteful and unamused. "A while? Bold of you to assume that you'll ever leave this place. Also, you don't need to get to know me, that won't be beneficial to you in any way. Haven't I already told you that curiosity killed the cat?"

I roll my eyes but decide to bite my tongue as Harry encourages the horse with a small kick and a "ha!".

"Your Mother is nice" I decide to change the conversation in an attempt to ease his mood,
but he doesn't reply, and instead gives me a "mhmm" in response.

"What's the matter, cat got your tongue?" I ask teasingly, but gasp as Harry throws his free arm around my waist tightly and leans forward towards my ear.

"Don't forget that you are still in for a punishment for what you did last night" He seethes in my ear. "I suggest you lose the attitude and quit treating me like I am your friend before I punish you right here and now with no one around to stop me".

Goosebumps rise on my skin and I press my lips tightly together as I imagine what his definition of "punishment" is and how far he would really go if he was absolutely fuming angry. I can't help but feel like Harry would never physically hurt me, no matter how much he threatens it. I mean, I like to imagine that that's what he would be like... Does he really just lay it on thick to act tough because he's a gang leader? I don't want to push him too far incase he truly does show his bad, aggressive side and lash out at me. I guess I could say I've been quite lucky with how he has treated me, and considering the circumstances, I could almost say I am grateful...

Almost.

I get ripped from my thoughts as I hear Harry say "Woah" to the horse, and I feel it come to a halt as I look up and see a beautiful white cottage surrounded by dark green forest and long grass which looks as though it hasn't been cut in months.

"Here", Harry grumbles and climbs down, holding his arms out for me as support so I can climb down too. I feel a small smile creep up onto my lips but when my eyes meet his, it quickly falls out of embarrassment.

"Thank you" I mumble quietly as he pulls me down off the horse. He looks down at me and then bends down, holding his arms out to lift me up.

I raise an eyebrow at him cautiously and he nods his head in encouragement, "Come on, we haven't got all day".

"I thought you were only carrying me in front of your Mom" I test.

"You can accept my help or I can make you walk all the way over there", He points to the house, "By yourself instead, and you can fuck up your ankle even more?" Harry offers sarcastically, and I shake my head vigorously.

"No thank you. I think I'll take the help".

"That's what I thought" Harry replies, lifting me swiftly up into his arms once again, "Such a smart little girl".