42

Weeks it's been quiet, no sign ever since the day they almost died because of the bomb. Nothing. So, the let their guard down and assumed he went away as days kept passing with no activity. Which wasn't the best thing to do, but they did it anyways. For the time being, they relaxed, Ashton stopped sitting at the window, he actually slept.

Prom was in 3 weeks, graduation was in 5, everything seemed to be going by so quickly. Finals were coming up too in 4 weeks, so Luke has been making sure to not throw anything away so he could use it later.

Ashton wasn't in school, he hasn't texted Luke either, he wasn't mad, just worried, but figured he probably overslept or something, since Luke has been at his house now with Andrew. Which has been a relief to see his dad again.

The last bell rang and with one sigh he packs up and gets a text from Ashton saying he's in the parking lot. He goes out there and as he got closer, his face lit up with a smile so wide it could reach infinity. Ashton was holding a bouquet of flowers with a sign that read:

I know I'm a criminal so can you take me downtown to prom?

The words were probably not the best way to be asked since it was at school, but it showed that Ashton came up with it on his own and that's the only thing Luke could ask for. Luke walked closer, still, the smile clear on his face. "What do you say?" He asked. Luke nodded while saying a soft yes then leaned in to kiss Ashton's lips softly while hearing the cheers and claps from the people around them.

Going to Luke's house, Ashton would glance over and still see that adorable smile on his face whenever he would think about it. Inside, Luke got a vase and put the flowers in it, then grabbed Ashton's hand taking him upstairs.

"I want to hang it up, but I don't know where." Luke spoke while holding up the sign. "What about right there?" Ashton asked pointing to the space on the wall that his bed was pushed up against. He looked over to Luke for approval, when he nodded Ashton grabbed the sign and some thumbtacks to hang it up. "Perfect." He smiled. "I really like the words you used Ash." Luke giggled. "How long did it take you to come up with it?"

"Quite a while. It was pretty hard actually. But I knew you'd like it." He smiled. Ashton sat contently as he watched Luke change out of his shirt and into a more comfy one. "That reminds me." He paused taking Luke's hands in his and bringing him closer. "Those are coming out today." He added while lifting up the sleeve. "Finally." Luke spoke with relief.

"Also, my shirt looks absolutely amazing on you." He grinned proudly as Luke blushed. "You know, I can't wait to see you in a tux. You'll look really good." Luke spoke. "What color do you want to get for our ties?" He added.

Ashton thought for a moment. "Blue. Like your eyes." He smiled when seeing his boyfriend blush like he usually did. "But I cannot wait to see you in a tux, if you look this good just by wearing my clothes, I can't even imagine a tux." He smirked which turned Luke even more red.

Ashton tugged on his hands a little more so he would straddle him while he laid back. "I'm ready Ash." Luke confidently spoke. It caught him off guard, but he still asked again to be sure. "Are you sure?" He nodded. "But I want it to be special. Let's do it on prom night."

Ashton nodded,"And at any time you change your mind you tell me. Okay?" Luke smiled on nodded while he pressed his chest against Ashton's, laying there peacefully. "I can stay here all day." Ashton spoke. "Me too." Luke sighed contently. "But—" He was cut off by a groan. "No buts, just stay here with me."

"There are some extra credit opportunities for some of my classes. I need to go do them, so they can cushion my grade if I do bad on the final." Luke explained as he tried getting up, but was trapped as Ashton's arms tightened their grip. "Babe. You can do some extra credit too."