31

When Luke woke up, Ashton wasn't there, but there was a note on the pillow.

Went to go get your medicine, I'll be back soon :)

Luke sighed back into the pillow, thinking that he really needed to pee, but he thought it would be best if he waited for Ashton to help him. He couldn't even sit up on his own, he was never the one to rely on people, after his mum left, he figured everyone else would too. Then he met Calum, who helped tremendously and that's when he realized the right people won't leave. He knew Ashton was a right person in his life, that he's very thankful for. And his dad as well.

Speaking of, Luke texted Andrew asking how it went last night, he replied it was good, he stayed the night and Luke couldn't wait to meet him. He also said that he'll be stopping by with him later on today.

Calum also texted him. Michael was honest with him. About everything, even the gang stuff and what happened yesterday. So him and Michael would be stopping by the see how he's doing.

Soon, Ashton came walking back in the room with Luke's medicine. "It says you need to take this every six hours for about two weeks, some side effects are throwing up, you might get some headaches and loss of appetite. But this should help with the pain." He explained as he gave one to Luke so he can take it.

"Um, my dad says he's coming over with his boyfriend and Michael's coming with Calum later today. Am I able to shower?" He asked. "The doctor said you can't until two days after. Maybe they can come by after school another day and after your dad gets off work? I'm sure they'll understand." Luke nodded. "Can you help me use the bathroom please?"

Ashton helped Luke sit up slowly but carefully as he cautious walking towards the bathroom. When he was done, Luke was told that he was going to be cleaning his back again, so he took off his shirt by himself this time and laid back on his stomach.

"Thank you for cleaning it Ash." Luke smiled timidly. "Anything for you." He spoke as he finished cleaning the last one. "You know you're gonna have to go to school tomorrow." Luke spoke which made Ashton groaned dramatically. "I need to take care of you."

"What you need is your education, and so you can get me my homework." He groaned again. "Okay fine." Luke smiled,"Thank you."

"You're welcome." Ashton spoke before giving Luke's lips a gentle kiss. "Do you think you can take me home?" He asked. "Why? What's wrong with my house?"

"Nothing."

"Oh. So what's wrong with me?" He asked playfully. "Shut up." Luke laughed as he lightly hit him. "I just feel like it would be weird if I was here and you're at school. Besides, I want to change my clothes."

"Alright, you want food before we go?" Ashton asked. "No. I'm not hungry." He frowned at Luke's answer, he knew it was because of his medication and he didn't want to force him to eat, but he also wanted to make sure he did eat. However, he did take him back home, he wasn't going to argue.

Ashton did make him have a pillow, so that he could lean back without any discomfort for the whole ride there and he's planning on doing it whenever they're going for a drive. No matter what Luke says or argues.

But when Luke did get there, he noticed an unfamiliar car parked in the driveway. From the incident that just happened, it wasn't their fault when they felt a bit nervous with this car they didn't recognize. So Ashton went in first and Luke trailed behind.

But when they found only Andrew and who they assumed was David, they calmed down. "Oh hi Luke, we were just about to go to Ashton's." Andrew spoke. "I wanted to come home. Is this David?" He asked that last part quietly. "Yes it is. David, this is my son Luke, and his boyfriend Ashton." They all shook hands and David was very polite. "Luke, Andrew told me what happened, if there's anything I can do, you let me know." He spoke nicely with a smile.

They went to Luke's room, so that he could change. When changing his bottoms, he lost his balance and stumbled forward, but thankfully, Ashton caught him in time. "And this is why you let me help." He laughed. Luke reluctantly gave in and let him help.

As they were going to lay down, something outside his window caught his eye, but it wasn't a something, it was a someone. "Is that my mum?" He asked. "What does she want?"

"Do you want me to call the police?" Ashton asked. "No, come with me. I wanna see what she wants."

As they walked outside, Ashton making sure he doesn't get angry and watching Luke's back carefully, Liz started to walk away, but Luke yelled for her which made her stay. "What do you want?" He asked. "I-I'm gonna prove it to you, that I really am sober and I even got a job a few weeks ago. See look." She pointed out as she showed them the money in her wallet. "That's all from your paycheck? No way, where'd you get the rest of it?" Ashton asked.

"Well, this guy almost a week ago, was asking for you, said he'd pay me. I-I needed the start up money for my rent and it was easy too." She explained. "What did he look like?" Ashton gritted through his teeth.

It was the same description of Big X. But Liz said she knew nothing about the man and how dangerous he was once explained who he was. She left, well, forced to leave by Ashton who was not happy whatsoever and grabbed Luke to go come back inside. "I can't believe her. She's the reason why you have that on your back!" He yelled.

"Well, yes, but she didn't know who he was. You can't blame her for that." Luke defended. "Why are you defending her? She's the reason why you almost died, do you remember that Luke?"

"Why are you so mad about this? Yes, she's why my back is like this, but she didn't know who he was. It's not like I'm excusing her past mistakes, just this one." Luke spoke calmly in an effort to calm Ashton down. "I can't believe you're okay with this. I thought you of all people would be the most bothered by it." He scoffed. "And I think you of all people should know when I see the good in people. And that's what she's trying to do no matter how angry I am with her right now for what she did in the past. This mistake she made, isn't something I'm gonna hold against her because she didn't know."

"Well you should hold it against her, cause no matter what, she will always be that mum who put drugs in you. Who made you almost die."

Luke didn't know why he was so worked up over this, but he knew he needed space now. From everything, it felt like a flood just came down on his shoulders and it just became too much to hold.

"I think you should leave. I'll see you tomorrow after school Ash." He spoke abruptly. Ashton wanted to argue, but decided against it. When he went to give him a goodbye kiss, he curved his head and instead received a kiss on the cheek then left.

"You guys okay?" Andrew asked. "Yeah. I think so." He answered. "What happened with your mum?" Luke sighed,"So she told Big X where I was for some money, that's how he found our house. And Ashton was super mad at her because of that, but I wasn't cause she didn't know it was him. And yeah, I know I said I wouldn't forgive her, but seeing as I almost died, it made me realize that I shouldn't hold grudges and I see she is trying to get better Dad. She just needs to show it more before I can let her in my life again."

"That's very understandable Luke, I'm glad you're trying again with her and don't forget, maybe the reason behind Ashton's anger is his fear." He spoke before walking David outside.

That really made Luke think for the rest of the day, he should've heard Ashton out more, how he felt more. This whole incident really took a toll on the both of them, in very different ways and because of that, they both have very different opinions and perspectives on it.