36

Ashton was at Luke's house when he got the call. The call that would soon overtake his thoughts, his mind, everything. He told Luke he had to go and raced back to his parents house. When he got there, everyone was already there waiting for him.

"So, one of my police buddies just informed me, they found four bodies. Not five. One escaped." His dad spoke. "Until we find out which one and what he's planning on doing. Luke is still in danger. Even more so now, there's no telling who he's connected with or even contacted for that matter since then. We need to assume the worst right now."

That's when Ashton felt everything come crashing down, he just wished everything stayed in the past. He was scared. Scared that when whatever happens happens, he wouldn't be there to keep Luke safe, to protect him.

"Maybe if we go back to the warehouse, we'll remember something that will help us figure out who." Ricky's dad suggested. "I think cops are still circling around it." Ashton dad told him.

"Okay, so then we have your police friends take pictures of the scene, then we can figure out who escaped." Michael said.

That's what they were going to do. Once they had the pictures they were going to go over exactly what happened that day. Down to the very last detail, they were going to go over each and every move and step everyone made. If they missed something they would have to go over it again and again, until they found out who got away. Until then, Ashton had to go back to Luke's to tell him.

He knocked, but no one answered. He knew Andrew wasn't home, so that means Luke must've been home alone. He went to open the door and it was unlocked. That didn't rest well with Ashton, he assumed the worst, he walked upstairs carefully after making sure the downstairs area was clear.

All nerves vanished when he heard the shower running from Luke's bathroom. With one sigh of relief, Ashton went to check on all the windows and doors, making sure they're locked. Then proceeded to stand by his window, looking for any suspicious cars or people.

Couple minutes later, the door opened, Luke only had a towel wrapped securely around very lowly on his waist. "You might wanna be careful. People outside could see you like this. Seeing what's mine." Ashton spoke as he gripped Luke's hips tightly turning him around to give him a kiss that lasted a few more seconds than usual. "Get dressed. I need to talk to you." Luke nodded while finding some clothes and went back to the bathroom.

Soon Luke sat on his bed while Ashton sat in his computer chair across from him. "What did you want to tell me?" He asked. Seeing Ashton's expression, he knew it wasn't something good. "Ash. Your silence it's worrying me."

Ashton sighed before speaking,"Okay, so one of the officers that helped us that day you went with Big X, he told us that one of his men escaped. We don't know where he is or which one."

Luke didn't reply back, he sat there, speechless. "S-so, someone is still out to get me?" He asked to which Ashton didn't say anything. "You're joking right? T-this is all some joke right? Tell me you're kidding Ash."

Ashton shook his head,"No, I'm afraid not." Luke let tears fall silently as he processed everything and what may happen. "Talk to me baby. What're you thinking?"

"I'm gonna die this time aren't I?" He trembled. "No you're not. I will protect you with everything I got."

"When are you gonna find out who escaped?" He asked. "I'm not sure, hopefully after we look at the pictures we find something." 

Luke paced around his room nervously as he saw a car parked out front. "A-ash?" He shakily pointed a finger towards the car.

Ashton rushed outside and when he did shots fired, he grabbed one of the hidden guns he placed in Luke's front porch, it took him a moment to realize that they weren't shooting at him, but in Luke's direction. Soon the car raced off. "Luke!" He screamed going back upstairs.