41

Safe to say, the bags under Ashton's eyes became more and more noticeable as the days went by. He insists he was fine, but Luke knew he wasn't. However, that didn't stop him from constantly checking their surroundings every single place they went to.

The only times he couldn't watch Luke was when they had separate classes, but he was always forced to go by Luke because he didn't want him to be the reason why Ashton doesn't graduates. Besides, Luke promised to text him if anything goes wrong which settled his nerves a bit. More so when he didn't get any texts from him.

Last class of the day and Ashton has been struggling to keep his eyes open since his first class, though he doesn't show it around Luke because he knows he'll feel guilty. He already felt guilty about everything else, Ashton just didn't want to add to it.

Knowing they meet at Luke's locker after their last class, Ashton made his way over there, feeling relief wash over him just by seeing he was there, okay, and most importantly, alive. But it was soon turned into anger when seeing Mason with him. Ashton fastened his pace and pinning Mason against the lockers by pressing his forearm harshly against his throat in one swift motion.

"You're lucky I even let you get this close to him. You're lucky there's people around to witness how badly I want to bash your head into the ground." He seethed as his eyes became dark and he towered over Mason intimidatingly.

Mason was afraid of Ashton, but his ego over-rid that, so as Mason spoke he had a clear and cocky smirk. "Oh yeah? What're you gonna do Irwin?" Ashton cursed under his breath as he dragged him by the collar of his shirt outside, deep into the parking lot, far enough from the main entrance, causing a sea of students to follow and to surround them when Ashton stopped.

That's when Mason showed some fear in his eyes, Ashton chuckled cold heartedly at the sight in front of him and threw a hard punch straight to his face. No feeling of remorse whatsoever, just pure hatred. That single hit alone had Mason's nose covered in blood as his face met the ground. "Ashton Irwin! We have no fighting policy in school! You will have serious consequences!" The principal threatened. "Not during school hours, not inside the school. Outside. Can't do anything to me." He muttered angrily as he stomped past the crowd and back to Luke who waiting by his car.

One thing Ashton loved about Luke and their relationship was when he knew when to leave Ashton alone. This was one of them. So with one long sigh, Luke only grabbed Ashton's hand that was barely bruised and ran his fingers gently over his knuckles. "I'm okay. Before you ask."

A slight blush crept onto Luke's face when he in fact, was going to ask him that question. When they got to Ashton's old house, they went upstairs and immediately he perched himself right back at that window. "Ashton, take a nap. Please. I can watch myself for the time being." Luke begged. "Luke, you know I can't do that. What if someone comes?" Ashton spoke not making any eye contact.

Luke walked to him with a slow pace grabbing his hand which made him look into his eyes. "Ashton, I know you are tired and you are seriously sleep deprived, it would make me feel a whole lot better if you were to just take a little nap. You know I am perfectly capable of watching myself for a couple hours while you sleep."

Still, Ashton said no stubbornly, Luke frowned at the rejection, but wasn't going to back down anyways. "Ashton, I'm telling you please go lay down for a bit."

"Why do you want me to sleep Luke, when you know someone bad is out there." He frowned because Ashton was right. "Because I feel bad Ashton!" Luke snapped suddenly. "I feel so bad that you have to sit in that same stupid spot at that same stupid window all day and all night not getting any sleep whatsoever waiting for whoever to come and it's killing me. It's killing me so badly because slowly each day I see you getting worse and worse. And knowing that it's all my fault you even have to be in this position, all my fault that your dad and everyone else is even in this position in the first place makes me feel so terrible, so it would make me feel a whole lot better if you just stopped being so stubborn right now." He explained on the verge of tears.