2

Luke and Calum were walking the halls when they passed by Michael and Ashton. He couldn't take his eyes off of Calum. He felt Michael's cold, green eyes staring at him, but he ignored it. They both went up to them and Michael started talking to Calum. Luke did feel bad about what he said to Ashton last week, so he wanted to apologize. He hardly ever judged anyone, so he didn't know why he judged Ashton. He would always feel bad  when he did because everyone is dealing with their own stuff. Luke was always kind and caring to everyone once you got to know him. He didn't really know if Ashton was one to take an apology well though.

Luke stared at Ashton when he wasn't looking, he was just observing his features. "What are you looking at?" Ashton's hazel eyes met Luke blue ones. "Oh, I-I—sorry. Um, I'm s-sorry." Luke blurted out, fiddling with his hands. "For what?" He asked not taking his eyes off of the smaller boy. "F-for what I said at the party." Luke shrugged. "I was scared and a-a little mad that Calum had left me alone."

Ashton wanted to be mad at Luke and tell him off, but seeing Luke all shy and vulnerable made him soften up. "It's...it's alright. We all get mad sometimes." Luke looked up. "You're not gonna hit me?" Luke asked in a low whisper. "No why would I? Look, I know you and Michael don't like each other and that he picks on you, but I'll get him to lay off." Luke nodded with a tiny smile on his face. He doesn't really smile a lot, but when he does it's beautiful, even more beautiful because he has a dimple, though he hates it. He says it looks ugly, but Calum begs to differ.

"Thank you." Ashton smiled lightly showing his dimples as well. "Don't mention it." Ashton and Michael walked away. "Awe you guys would be so cute together. He's all manly and has tattoos and you're all...not." Luke glared at him. "Thanks Cal, that makes me feel so much better." Luke spoke sarcastically. "I'm sorry, but I still ship it." Luke kitted his eyebrows together. "Ship what? You're shipping something?" Calum mentally face palmed. "No, it's like—never mind you'll get it later on." Luke nodded.

Luke wasn't shy around Calum, he's so comfortable around him. Calum was really glad that they're best friends because when they first met, he thought they'd never get anywhere since Luke barely spoke. At first, Luke was afraid to say the wrong thing and that everyone would get mad at him. He was afraid of being forgotten and being left alone. After all, his mum forgot about him and left him alone when his life was at the roughest part. He knows what it's like to be forgotten and to be left alone, so Luke tried his hardest to not make anyone feel like he did when his mum left. But Calum made sure that Luke never felt like that ever again and he kept that promise to this day as much as he could.

-

"Dude, you and Calum would honestly be really cute together. Like it's cute how he's giving you another chance." Ashton gushed. "Be quiet. I'm not used to this. You wanna go smoke or something?" Ashton agreed with a nod. "Yeah just in a few minutes." Michael nodded resuming their game they were playing at Michael's house. "Okay, so Luke's gay, I think everyone knows that, I'm bi, I think? I don't really know. And Calum's bi. What about you?" Michael asked. "What about me?" Ashton chuckled. "Are you straight or bisexual or gay?" Michael asked. "Mike, you know how my parents are. They'd hate me forever."

"I dunno' about forever. But, you must be a bit confused on your sexuality." Ashton shook his head. "For all I know I'm straight. I've always kissed girls in my life." Ashton stated. "Yeah, but have you ever liked one?" He asked. Ashton thought about it and he hasn't had a girl crush. "No. But that doesn't mean anything."

"Kiss me."

"What!? You're my best friend."

"So? I can tell you're confused. Just kiss me and see how you feel. It's not like we're going to make out. It's just a small kiss."