15

Throughout the week, Ashton and Luke have been texting more and more, getting to know each other more and more, Ashton has even been hanging out with Luke more at school since he's out now. Even though they've been texting, Ashton's yet to tell him his secret. He wants to. But he isn't sure how to, it's a lot to handle.

It's been great since their date is in a day. They feel more comfortable around each other which is amazing, their feelings have grown much more through the days.

Luke didn't know where the date was because Ashton insisted it staying a surprise, which Luke rolled his eyes playfully at. You can say Ashton was nervous, he kept overthinking everything. And I mean, everything. He planned on getting Luke flowers when he picked him up and he had to make sure it was the right flowers, Luke's favorite, more specifically. But honestly, he would be fine with any flowers he got, he's not picky.

Luke was nervous as well, maybe a bit more than Ashton because he doesn't go on dates, nobody ever asks him. But he was more thrilled, even his dad. He was glad his son was getting out of the house more, he could see how happy Luke is now when he mentions Ashton.

When his mum left, Luke was really closed in. He shut everyone out. Even his dad, which broke his heart. But he knew he was grieving, so he gave him his space. Andrew couldn't bare to see his son like that. But that didn't stop Calum from breaking in his walls he had built up. Now, he still kept his walls and guard up but not as much. He could feel himself falling for Ashton and he did not like it, but the heart wants what the heart wants. Ashton knew he was breaking into Luke's barriers and he really liked it that Luke was opening up to him more and more each day. He really loved that Luke was getting more and more comfortable with him.

Ashton was currently at a flower store which had lots of people in it giving him weird looks. Normally you wouldn't see a guy covered with tattoos and piercings on his face looking nervous about buying flowers.

"Excuse me sir, do you need any help?" A worker asked. "I-I think I'm good." He politely smiled at her. When she began to walk away he bit his lip anxiously then spoke,"Wait! A-actually, I could use some help." She walked back with an amused look on her face.

"I-I'm going on a date soon and I have no clue on what I'm doing, so I'm already nervous as it is. And h-he said he likes any type of flowers, but I don't know which ones are prettier and I wanna get him the prettiest ones because I like him a lot and he's really pretty, so I-I thought I'd get flowers to match with him." Ashton nervously babbled. The employee thought that was the cutest thing ever, how could she not help him. That's not something you hear or see everyday, especially coming from a guy like Ashton.
-

They both checked themselves in the mirror countless of times making sure they looked just right. Maybe one of them or both, put thousands of mints in their mouths because you never know. Luke saw Ashton's car pull up, knowing his dad will get it. Which leaves him a little more time to calm down.

"Luke! Ashton's here and he looks good!" Andrew yelled to which Luke laughed at his dads behavior. He took one more breath in and went downstairs. Blue eyes met hazel and they both smiled ear to ear. "Y-you look great." Ashton spoke. "Thank you, you too." Luke had to bite his lip to stop smiling. "These are for you." Ashton handed them to Luke but dropped them. He chuckled nervously and they both went to pick it up but ended up bumping heads.

"This isn't how I planned it to start." Ashton laughed.

-

Right now they were at an arcade, which most people won't think it's romantic or anything, but Luke loved it. They were playing skeeball and to say things got a bit heated would be a lie. "Haha, I win, you lose!" Luke exclaimed with a big smile, sticking his tongue out. Ashton couldn't stop smiling like an idiot when he saw how adorable it was. "Yeah, yeah. I demand a rematch." Ashton spoke rolling his eyes. "Don't be a sore loser Ashton." Silence took over them. The good silence though. Luke inched closer to him giving him a peck on his cheek and immediately turning away in embarrassment then walking to another game.

Their date came to an end, sadly enough. Ashton arrived at Luke's house and he parked in front. "Ashton, um, I-I had an amazing time tonight, but I always have an amazing time with you." Luke blushed. "And I want to be honest with you. I really really like you. More than I've ever liked anyone which is scary for me. No one has ever liked me the way you do. And I want you to be my boyfriend." Luke smiled loving the courage he suddenly gained. Ashton was shocked, thinking he'd be asking him, not the other way around.

"Luke, as much as I like you and I like you a lot, I want to let you know I'm not the easiest person to date. That's why I don't really have any relationships. And I'm also bad at them. I-I can be difficult and my parents can be difficult and my friends. Basically everything in my life is difficult. So just know what you're getting yourself into." Ashton didn't want to say that because he didn't want that to affect his decision. But if they're going to date, he has to know what he's getting himself into.

"Ashton, I-I don't care how difficult things get because no matter what I will stick by your side. I just want you. So w-what do you say? W-Will you be my boyfriend?" Luke asked once again, licking his lips. Moments of silence passed by when a smile formed on Ashton's lips. "Yes, I will." Luke couldn't stop a smile to form on his lips.

-

The next day Luke was at his locker grabbing his textbooks. "Hey Luke." Calum spoke walking up to him. "Hi Cal." He smiled. "So, a little birdy told me you and Ashton went on a date last night." Luke snickered,"And by little birdy you mean Michael." Calum nodded,"Pretty much. So are you guys dating now?" He asked. Luke tried to hide his smile by biting his lip, but it did not work. "You guys are!" He exclaimed with a gasp. "Yeah, I asked him to be my boyfriend."

"I'm so happy for you guys and if he breaks your heart I will crush him." He threatened. "Yeahhh, I don't think you'd be able to do that." Ashton laughed behind them with Michael. "You never know, but I swear if you hurt him I will do something. He is my best friend and he deserves the best." Ashton nodded,"I know he does, that's why I'll give him the best."

"So Ashton, how'd you ask him out." Michael asked. Luke and Ashton both looked at each other,"Actually, he asked me." Michael and Calum bursted out with laughter. "Oh. You're serious."