10

"I don't have a good feeling about Shawn." Calum spoke. "I think something is wrong with that guy." Michael mentioned. "I don't know if you noticed, but he's been taking away Luke from us. I don't like him." They all agreed.

Luke was with Shawn who knows where doing who knows what, while the rest of the boys were in the cafeteria eating.

"Have you noticed Luke's been acting a little distant lately?" Ashton mentioned with a slight frown. "He's finally got a boyfriend, cut him some slack." The red head laughed. "Awe does someone miss him?" Calum mocked at the glaring boy across from him. Ashton rolled his eyes at his friends behavior.

As time flew by, it was already almost 4 months into Luke's and Shawn's relationship. Everything was going perfect, except when Luke would hang out with his friends, Shawn would get mad and really jealous. So then Luke would feel bad and hang out with him more.

Luke and Shawn were talking and kissing here and there on the bleachers. Smiling in between kisses. Then Luke stood up,"Alright I need to go find Calum." "Why?" Shawn asked. "Cause I'm going to his house." He rolled his eyes,"Okay." The blonde boy furrowed his eyebrows,"I-is something wrong? You can talk to me you know." Luke smiled and went to kiss him on the lips, but he turned quickly. "Nothing's wrong. Text me when you're home." Luke nodded and went to find Calum. He didn't really know what that was about, but he tried not to think much of it.

Calum and Luke went to his house and the car ride was awkward which was weird for them since they're best friends. There was never a time where anything would be awkward between them. Both of them hated it to say the least.

"How are you and Shawn?" Calum coughed, breaking the silence. "We're good." Luke spoke with no emotion. "Why?" He added. Calum shrugged,"Just wondering." He furrowed his eyebrows,"Do you not like him?" Calum shook his head. "No I-I do. I just—I don't know. He gives me a weird feeling." He nodded biting his lip.

Maybe Luke should've listened to his friends when they said that they didn't like him. Maybe he should've been more careful around him. Maybe Luke shouldn't have gotten so attached as he did. There's lots of things that Luke should've done, but didn't.

For instance, he should've said no to being Shawn's boyfriend. Only because as time progressed, Shawn has been getting more and more protective not in a cute way, but more of a possessive way. Not only that but he has gotten physical. But he says he won't do it again and Luke trusted him. He should've known that wasn't going to be the only time Shawn hit him.

He's running out of excuses as to why he has bruises on his body whenever someone notices them. Luke and Calum barely hung out anymore thanks to Shawn. Calum despised him because of it, he took away his best friend.

At school it wasn't as bad since he wanted people to think everything was okay in their relationship. Though, he'd grip Luke's wrists tightly from time to time whenever he'd do something Shawn disliked. Which was most of the time.

Thankfully for Luke, Shawn had to leave school early today for whatever made up reason he had, so he took this opportunity to go talk to Calum, Ashton, and Michael again.

"We've missed you Luke." Calum commented while giving him a hug. "I-I've missed you guys too." He spoke lowly. They all knew being in a relationship with Shawn has impacted him greatly. They could all tell Luke was different. Now it feels like he has his walls up again and needs someone to tear them down. Now he feels like he's his old self again. Where he's quiet and afraid to say anything. Where he pushes himself away from everyone.

They walked to the cafeteria together, Calum and Michael holding hands while Ashton and Luke walked in silence together. "S-so how are you?" Luke asked. Ashton shrugged,"I've been doing alright. Normal everyday life stuff." Luke nodded. "How are you and Shawn?" Ashton asked. "We're good." He faked a smile as if his eyes couldn't show the pain he was in. Ashton stopped them in the hallway while Michael and Calum continued walking.