24

Ashton and Luke fell asleep on the couch, well, Ashton did, Luke must've fallen on the floor seeing as he was face first on the carpet. It was a funny sight to see, Ashton just had to take a picture first before putting him back on the couch. He was a heavy sleeper, there could be a hurricane and he'd sleep through it all. As he was waiting for Luke to wake up, his dad came down the stairs. "Good morning Ashton." He smiled. "Good morning Mr.Hemmings."

He walked in the kitchen with him as he was offered some coffee. When he accepted the offer, they both waited for it. "Is there something bothering you?" Ashton asked. "I didn't want Luke to know, but I saw his mum yesterday. She wants to see him. I'm not sure if I feel comfortable with that." He explains. "If you don't feel comfortable. Then you don't have to let her see him. Cause you do have custody over him."

"Yeah I understand that part, but what if he wants to see her? Do you think you could see if he would want to see her for me? I know I should be the one asking, but it was hard on both of us and I feel like he'd be comfortable if it was you. But there's no rush to ask him. Would you be okay with that?" Ashton nodded,"Of course."

Then Luke walked in yawning and rubbing his eyes. "Good morning sleepy head." Ashton chuckled seeing his bed head. He leaned up against him while Andrew handed him his cup of coffee. But Luke went ahead and took it. "Um, I think that was for me." Ashton laughed as he walked back to the living room. "Get used to it." Andrew laughed as he went to go with Luke.

"You know that coffee was supposed to be mine." He spoke to Luke who was happily drinking it and flipping through the channels on the TV. "Fine, I guess you can have some."

"You know, I've been looking at apartments." He spoke which grabbed Luke's attention. "I think I found one I really like." He smiled. "Really? Can I see?"

"Would your dad be okay with that?" Luke nodded undoubtedly. "Alright, go get changed."

The apartment Ashton really loves is sort of near Luke's house. It's closer than what his parents house was. It was a two bedroom, one bathroom apartment. It was a reasonable price, one that he could afford so he had no problem with that. He knew Luke was going to love it.

When they got there, Luke instantly fell in love with it. They haven't even gotten inside yet, the building alone was super nice. Then they got inside the apartment and he fell even more in love.

"You have to get this. Like no doubt about it." He said as he wandered around the apartment. "It's yours if you want it." The realtor said. He looked over to Luke who was smiling while looking around the place. "I'll take it."

He made his payments to the realtor and he was given his key, then the realtor left. "Did you get it?" Luke asked and Ashton just showed him the key. "Yay!!" He jumped up and hugged Ashton, who wrapped his arms around his waist. "I'm so happy you did."

"Me too babe." He spoke before kissing his lips.

-

Back at Luke's house, Ashton wasn't sure when to ask him, but he also didn't want to wait any longer because he knew he'd forget to ask at all. They were on Luke's couch, watching some show Luke put on.

"Luke, would you ever want to see your mum again?" Ashton asked, a bit curiously. It took a moment for him to comprehend what he asked, but then he turned towards Ashton. "Why do you ask?"

"I was just curious. She's your mum after all." He shrugged. "She's not my mum. She never was my mum once she hit me. I don't want to see her." He spoke with a bit of sadness evident in his voice. "I'm gonna use the restroom." Then he walked away.

Andrew then came walking through the front door who made eye contact with Ashton instantly. "He doesn't want to see her." He spoke. Andrew nodded understandingly,"I figured he wouldn't. The one thing I didn't like about his mum is that she's stubborn and won't stop until she gets what she wants. That's the only thing I'm scared of. Thank you anyways Ash."