27

Andrew filed a restraining order against his mum, if she violates it then she'll be going to jail. She can't get within 500 feet of their house and both of them.

Taking Luke to Ashton's house was probably the best decision he's made. Not only did Luke seem happier, he got to wake up to him in the morning and see how beautiful he is when he wakes up. He wasn't used to that at all, but all he knew is that he wanted to keep having that feeling forever.

Ashton happened to wake before Luke did which he didn't mind, he's been through a lot, so no wonder he slept mostly all day. In the meantime, Ashton started to unpack all the things he gathered from his parents house when they weren't home and some things he had bought.

While in the middle of putting some dishes away, he felt arms around his waist and a head against his back. "Good morning." Luke mumbled. Ashton turned around with a smile and kissed the top of his head gently. "Morning baby."

"How'd you sleep?" He asked while Luke grabbed some dishes to help. "Good actually." Ashton smiled,"Thats what I like to hear. How are you doing?"

Luke shrugged,"Good I guess." Ashton didn't really know what answer to expect, he didn't know what to do if he's being honest. He didn't know what to say. "It's okay though, I've lived without her before, I'll do it again." He smiled lightly trying to lighten the mood. "How's your hand?" Luke shrugged. "It hurts a bit, I'll be fine though."

Ashton knew he was sad, seeing his mum again for the first time in years, finding out she put drugs in him as a kid. It was a lot. He couldn't imagine what Luke was feeling.

"You know I'm here for you if you want to talk about your mum. Always." Ashton assured. "I know. I just don't want to talk about it." Luke explained to which Ashton nodded respectfully.

The day went by slow, but they enjoyed it nonetheless because they were with each other and they had fun regardless. Even if they were unpacking Ashton's things. They always tried to make the most of it.

Andrew has texted saying that Luke needed to come home to discuss things about his mum. So Ashton took him home, but stayed as requested by Luke.

Andrew explained that he filed a restraining order against his mum and Luke was relieved to hear that. He couldn't handle seeing his mum anymore. He explained that he also tried to have her arrested for giving him drugs, but since there's no good evidence, nothing could happen. Luke didn't like that, but still was happy about the restraining order. As he was explaining things further into detail, a knock suddenly formed at the door.

Andrew answered it and it was an angry Liz holding the restraining order in her hand. "A fucking restraining order?! Really?! What if I want to talk to my son?!" She yelled. "Your son?! He is not your son. Where were you when he started high school?! His first school dance?! His first relationship?! If he was actually your son you would've never left! He is my son!" Andrew screamed while is voice became shaky. "Lukey, I can still talk to you right?" She asked with a smile.

Luke stood up from the couch walking closer to her with Ashton following behind protectively. "Please don't come near me or dad." He begged. Luke wasn't a mean person, even to the meanest person, he still tried to be nice. He couldn't find it in his heart to ever be mean to someone. He always tried to be the nicest person he could.

"You don't mean that. I'm sober now. I-I'll be better." Luke shook his head. "No, I'm sorry. If you wanted to be better, you would've never gotten worse in the first place. Just please stop showing up." Then he closed the door.

After that, the next couple of weeks went by smoothly. Luke's mum never appeared at their house again. Or bothered Luke and his dad. At school, everything seemed to be going perfect. So perfect to the point where Luke felt like something bad was going to happen. He just didn't believe it. No one was bothering him, his dad, or Ashton.

Everyday Luke would go to Ashton's house after school, except when he had work of course. Then Ashton would sit in the library just to keep Luke company. It made him feel safe, knowing Ashton was there. His shifts would usually last a few hours anyways, after that then they'd go over to Luke's house.

They worked on their homework on Luke's couch with the TV softly playing in the background when the door opened. Andrew came in with a huge smile on his face. "What's got you all happy?" Luke asked. "Not what. Who." He hinted and walked into the kitchen.

Luke followed curiously behind. "When can I meet her? Is she nice? How long?" He asked continuously. "Well, how long we've been talking or how long we've been dating?" Andrew asked. "Dating? You're dating someone and you didn't tell me?"

"Calm down Luke. He only just asked me before I walked in." Andrew explained which made Luke choke on his spit. "He?" Andrew laughed with a nod. "Since when?"

"A couple years after your mum left. I explored my love life. Turns out. I like guys better. But he's coming over Saturday for dinner. Ashton you're more than welcomed to join us." He smiled before excusing him to go upstairs. "I can't believe I never figured it out." Luke laughed. "Well, I mean, he hid it pretty well. At least you'll meet him." Ashton pointed out. Luke didn't look excited when he mentioned that part. "Shouldn't you be happy for your dad?"

"I am, I really am, I just don't want him to get hurt. I don't want us to get hurt. I don't want someone else leaving him. It really took a toll on us when my mum left, I don't think we'd handle anyone else leaving from our lives." He explained then gave Ashton a side eye look after. "You won't leave me right?"

"Of course not." He chuckled. "Yeah you better not." Luke laughed. "You wanna make dinner?" He added. "You know how to cook?" Ashton asked with a raised eyebrow. "No. But I can read. Shouldn't be that hard. Come on."

"Hmmm, there's lots of options. Which one sounds good?" He asked while they flipped through the cookbook. "Spaghetti?" Luke suggested. "Well, if you read more carefully, this recipe is for making the actual noodles. But sure we can try."

They actually tried to make it. Tried. They were off to a good start, but somewhere along the way Luke got bored and started to put as much flour on Ashton's head before he noticed.

Needless to say, it was a bunch of flour on his head. So that created a flour war. Ashton grabbed a handful of flour and threw it at Luke's face, which got mostly on his hands and arms since he blocked it, but some on his face.

Luke tried running away, but slipped on all the flour on the floor that was previously thrown, then Ashton hovered over him and started shaking his head which made all the flour fall onto Luke's head and face. However, Andrew happened to come down at the wrong time. He thought they were doing it on the floor, so he covered his eyes and told them to have some decency. But when he saw all the flour, he thought something way different than what actually happened.

Then once everything was explained, he then told the boys to clean it up and order some food. They couldn't help, but bust up laughing afterwards because Andrew thought they were having sex on the kitchen floor.