12

"Do you think we should ask him now?"

Calum was anxious to know what happened so he kept on bugging and bugging. He just wanted to know, more like needed to know what happened because Luke is his best friend and not one time has he ever lied to him.

"I think you should leave it for now. He'll tell you when he's ready. Obviously now isn't a good time for him." Michael commented. Calum sighed knowing he was right.

It's been a week almost two now and Luke's gotten worse. Physically, emotionally, and mentally. Shawn has hit him within the two weeks and it was awful. Days on end where he was scared to look in the mirror because he was disgusted at what he saw. This week he missed the full 5 days of school because he looked so dead. His body was aching, his eyes were lifeless. His skin so pale. He stopped eating. Feeling like it's his fault that he's in the state he's in. He could've prevented everything, but he didn't.

He wouldn't even let his friends come over. They won't even want to look at him anyways. He pushed his friends away, avoided their texts and calls thinking they would stop, but they didn't. They didn't because Luke has really good friends who care about him no matter what. So when school was over they all went to his house to make sure he was alive and okay.

Luke heard knocking at his door and looked out his window to see his friends at the door. Maybe they'll just go away he thought. But Calum spotted him looking out his window. He quickly closed his curtain muttering incoherent things.

"Luke! I know you're here!" Calum pounded on his door. Luke went downstairs, hesitating to open the door. "Luke, please open the door." He pleaded. "Don't push us away Luke. We're here for you." Michael spoke. "Talk to us please. We're your friends Luke." Ashton pleaded.

He took a deep breath and placed his hand on the lock and unlocked it. He put his hand on the knob and opened the door.

"C-come in." He spoke hoarsely keeping his head down low. Scared to meet their eyes. "Are you okay?" Calum asked. After seconds of silence, Luke shook his head. He gave him a tight hug to make him feel better. Which it did, the realization of knowing they're still his friends. "Tell us what happened." He spoke.

"Um it was during lunch. S-Shawn asked me to meet him in the auditorium, I-I just thought he wanted some alone time since no ones in there at lunch. When I came in, h-he began to kiss me. Hard. It hurt a-a lot, but I didn't want to tell him anything cause I didn't want to get him mad. Then he begins to t-take my shirt and pants off." Luke paused letting a tear roll down his cheek. Calum rubbed his back comfortingly. While Luke grabbed Ashton's hand instinctively.

"I-I tried telling him that I was uncomfortable and that I didn't want to, but every time I tried he w-would always cut me off. But it didn't stop him. I tried to tell him. I asked him to stop, but all he did was cut me off. H-he didn't stop." He trembled. "Luke this has gone far enough you need to break up with him." Ashton spoke wiping his tears. "I-I'm scared. He-he's gonna hit me and he's gonna he mad at me."

"He raped you Luke." The blonde boy shook his head. "That's not rape. I let him do it. I didn't push him away or anything. The police won't be able to do anything." His three friends were shocked to think Shawn took it this far. They were all furious on the inside, especially Calum. "You told him to stop right? And he didn't?" He nodded. "Luke that's rape. You didn't want it to happen, you told him to stop. But he didn't."

"Do you want to go to the police?" Luke shrugged. "Okay just think about it, I heard people don't want to because they just want to put it behind them. If that's what you want then we'll be right by your side." Luke nodded still holding onto Ashton's hand. Not that he minded. He really enjoyed it. "Anyways I have your homework that you missed. I talked to your teachers they said they'll let you turn it in next week on Wednesday." He spoke wanting to change the topic. Luke groaned. "I-I can help you if you want." Ashton suggested.