Clearwater Pt. 2

Pov: Love has an interesting way of playing a role in people's lives, and as Tobin and Christen continue to get to know each other, they begin to realize their differences are what attracts them to each other.

"Hey jock, wait up!" Called Christen as she ran up to Tobin in the hallway.

"Hey Press, what's up?" Asked Tobin with a smile on her face.

"So, as your big game is coming up, I thought that I would make you my home made fruit smoothie. As an athlete, I put in all the kinds of berries, some protein powder, and even some kale," Christen smiled.

Tobin took a sip, "wow, this is really good Christen," she smiled, "you could probably have a side hustle and sell some of this."

"I don't usually make this. But I'm glad you enjoyed it," Christen responded.

"Well, I better get to class, thanks again, I'll be asking more of these," Tobin waved.

As Christen walked through the halls, she ran into Kelley.

"Okay, what was that there?" Kelley asked with a smirk.

"I was just giving a drink to Tobin, that's it," Christen said in a calm voice.

"No, I clearly saw chemistry between you two. You cut that sexual tension with a knife!"

"Shut up Kelley. If anyone has feelings for someone, it's Julie. She can't keep her eyes off of Zach," Christen said as she tried to avoid her as the subject.

"Oh right, but you haven't found anyone yet. And I think you have a crush on Tobin Heath!"

"Shhhhh! Tell the whole school why don't ya?" Christen said.

"Well if you're not going to tell me anything, oh well, but we should probably discuss the plans for the big game!"

.

.

.

.

.

As the game came closer and closer, Tobin kept focused on it, and only the game. It was a big moment for Clearwater high, and the students couldn't wait to see the game.

Since the last time the two teams played against each other, Clearwater beat the Spartans in a shoot-out, where Tobin shot the winning goal for her to win her first state champion.

And with that, it gave Tobin offers to colleges, a rise in popularity, and an image to the school.

"So, what's our game plan?" Asked Ashlyn.

"The Spartans always play dirty. And they aren't going to go easy on us that's for sure," Tobin said.

"So we play dirty back," concluded Megan.

"No, we play fair and square, but we gotta be ready for them," Tobin replied, knowing that if they played dirty, they'd be called against it as the refs were paid to look the other way for the other team.

"What are you suggesting?" Asked Megan.

Tobin gave a smirk, knowing just what to do.

The gym was blaring with music as the team was working out. Sure, the team has lifted weights before, but not on Tobin's level. They all went to a gym at night where they had the whole place to themselves.

"Tobin, you sure we're not going to be sore before the game?" Asked Ashlyn looking around the room.

"No, that's why we're doing this now. We have to show the Spartans that we're still top dog here," instructed Tobin, "come on ladies, keep going!" Tobin cheered on.