CHAPTER 1

FLASH BACK? Three years ago

We drive to the police station and I swallow dryly when they pull at the parking lots less than thirty minutes later. I have a strong feeling that I won’t get away with this, i think i will spend the rest of my life locked away in a prison.

I hesitate to step out of the car and the cop on my right side glares at me motioning me to get out. I grit my teeth as i step out of the police car and I stand next to the other officer who is busy giving me those judgy looks.

“You look so innocent and it's hard to believe that you strangled that girl to death, that you are capable of murder with all your innocence.” She talks for the first time.

“What happened to innocent until proven guilty? You just called me a murderer and I can sue you for that if they find me inculpable.” I tell her and she shakes her head at me with mock laughter.

“You don’t believe that you will get away with this, do you?” She asks me and I just look at her with disinterest. “It is okay to have hope but in your case... You realize that you will be spending a long ass time in prison, right.”

“We can’t know that now, can we?” I ask her nonchalantly and she shakes her head.

“Follow me and don’t you think of doing anything stupid!” She orders me as she leads the way and another officer struts right after me.

I don’t even know why she is following me, it is not like i can do anything silly. I am handcuffed for fucks sake! And I can’t run away they are all armed and something tells me that they wouldn’t blink twice before driving bullets through me, not to mention that we are in a police station and the security here is extremely tight.

For some reasons, I expected to find Randal or one of my friends here waiting for me but guess who is at the waiting bay? One Mr. Parker, the person that I detest the most.

The sight of him infuriates me and I get this urgent urge to snap his neck, good thing I am handcuffed. I didn’t want to set eyes on him ever again. Not after everything he did, I can’t believe he has the guts to show up here.

He is the reason why I am in this mess. I am not shifting blames but I was provoked to do whatever I did. Now tell me, would you watch a person that just shoved your sister off the guard rail go Scotts free?

I guess the answer is no, right?

I am not an exception but maybe you would have dealt with it differently but I let my rage consume me totally, and I ended up killing her. I don’t regret doing it by the way, not at all.

Lucas is frantically fidgeting with his phone and he stands up almost immediately when he sees me and he starts to walk towards us, his impassive eyes focused on me.

“I want to talk to her.”

Gutsy much!

I am in enough trouble already but that doesn’t mean that I will let Lucas get away with everything. Reporting him won’t be necessary, his boss is friends with the police and he is a very powerful person. The possibility of them been arrested in null.

“Are you her lawyer?” He shakes his head. “I am afraid you can’t talk to her, call her a lawyer.” She starts walking but the other cop stops her.

“That’s the governor’s son you are talking to.” The other officer tells her and my heart aches at the mention of the governor. He should rot in hell, that’s where he belongs.

“I don’t want to talk to him,” I tell them proceeding to walk away and they shrug at Lucas.

“Belle?” He calls me and I turn back to look at him in a slow motion tightening my jaw.