It's okay to feel pathetic, it really is

A/N- I'm sorry if this chapter contains a few errors. Things are buzzing through my head right now. I'll correct them later.

Normal POV~

"Something's off, but I can't seem to comprehend it." Heba murmured, walking along side the road. He made a guess he was an hour away from Domino City, which was odd.

"Uhm, hey? Hey, mister!" Heba chased after a guy recognized, who lived close to them. Well, if he did, why was he over here?

"Huh? Oh, a kid. Do you need a lift? You seem lost." Heba wasn't lost, he knew exactly where he was, but he didn't know where his father and mother could be located. Hell, he didn't even know if they were still in Domino City.

"No, I know where I am... I'd just like to know if you knew a guy by the name of Atem? Or a guy named Yami?" The man's eyes, whose name for some reason couldn't remember, nodded his head.

"Yes, I know Atem, the poor fella. Anyway, he lives about... half an hour away from here? Follow the trail into the forest and you'll find his home." 'Poor fella? What could he mean by that?'

"All right, thank you, good sir!" Heba thanked before sprinting to the directions he gave him.

***

"Wonder why I couldn't sense my fathers' energy, it's a very weird feeling. Maybe I'm getting randomly- Oh, this must be it." Heba stopped at a small house. It wasn't the house he knew, it was smaller, two room house. What was happening?! The former Pharaoh's son stepped forward, took a deep sigh, and knocked on the door. The person who answered the door was his father, but it wasn't like his father.

"Hello," His father said. His voice was strained, his eyes were tired and gloomy, small noises came from inside the house. This couldn't be Atem, usually his father wouldn't say hello to him, he'd say, 'Morning, son,' or 'Evening'. Never once a hello.

"Oh, hi, I'm looking for a Yami? And for an Atem?" Heba asked, feigning cluelessness.

"I'm Atem, why are you looking for me?"

"I would... like to have a conversation with you." Seeming to see right through his lies, the tanned man sighed.

"If Akefia or Marik sent you, I don't need help. Seriously, tell them to kindly hop off my ass." Akefia, Marik? Like, uncle Akefia and Marik? He called them that when he was a few months old. Marik was his favorite crazy uncle. Malik was like his god mother. Bakura randomly taught him how to throw blocks at Akefia and Akefia showed him the art of dodging.

But, why would they send help?

"I have no clue who you're talking about." Yami told him to never lie, he absolutely hated lying with a passion. This was an exception. After a small moment of thinking, Atem let him in as he stepped to the side.

"Try to keep quiet, my son is sleeping right now." 'Wait, son?! But, I'm your son?!'

"Oh, okay. I'll keep silent," Heba quietly said, noticing the baby crib in the living room, a small one sleeping soundlessly inside.

That... was him...

"How old is the small one?" The former Pharaoh seemed to wince at the mention of the age, perhaps he didn't want to tell him?

"He's eight months old, pretty young." Heba nodded.

"Anyway, where's Yami? I was told I'd find him here with you?" Atem casted his gaze down and glared at his hands.

"Well, they're wrong. Yami isn't here." This made Heba tilt his head, a habit of his mother's.

"What? Then where is he?"

"Do you want the long story or short story?"

"Short, please."

"He's dead." Heba didn't react, he was shocked to hear that come out of his father's mouth. His head continued to pound and his heart beat increased.

"What? When- When did this happen?"

"I suppose you want the long story then, I'll shorten it up a bit for you. Yami died giving birth to our son, his body couldn't handle the pressure and it completely shut down after the baby was successfully removed, not to mention the blood loss." Heba swore he couldn't breathe, his mother was dead. He was dead because he was born.

But that wasn't fair! Yami shouldn't have died, it'd be better the other way around!

"No... that can't be! You have to be joking!" The former Pharaoh's son exclaimed, causing his father to glare at him.

"I don't have a reason joke about this. Why would I fake the death of the person that I love?" Now that was a good question, why would he?

"I-I'm sorry, but I have to go. I need to think..." Atem raised an eyebrow and nodded.

"All right, then,"

***

The first thing Atem saw was the sky, then he noticed he was sitting on wood, then he realized he was laying on a roof top. What the hell?

"Jesus, was that John encounter and Heba turning into a teenager a dream? Because it seemed legit to me." Atem murmured to himself, jumping off the roof and taking in his surroundings.

"I'm close to our old mansion house? And why is my magic level so low?" He inquired, stretching his arms to loosen up his tense muscles.

"Well, I should head back to Yami, don't want to worry him or Heba." The former Pharaoh chuckled at his imagination, Yami was probably making something delicious, and Heba was still learning his ABC's.

The walk to his home was pretty calm, and it fast as well, but nothing could prepare him for what happened next.

"Mother! Mother come back!"

To Be Continued~

___________________________

Hello, how are you guys? Everything is pretty good. Yet school is a mess and I just want the Earth to swallow me when I go there. Recently I've been thinking of trying something but I'm not sure if I should. Btw, I'm sorry this chapter is short, but I'll try to make the next one longer. Anyway, I hope you're having a better week than me, and I'll try to not disappear, lol. Next chapter, "Come on, say you love me too,". That's a sweet title, I like it.

See you in the next chapter?

Saiyan Duelist