A tearful gathering

Normal POV~

Atem didn't know how he was smiling at the moment, what if this was all a dream? He's had so many, but, something told him this was real. If so, how? The former Pharaoh continued to stretch out his hand just so his Yami could take it. When he saw his lover's eyes tearing up, he cocked his head in confusion. His reincarnation closed his eyes and covered his ears with wet hands.

Wait a minute...

"You're not real... You can't be... You're dead..." Atem's eyes widened, maybe he wasn't in a dream. He would've wakened up by now. Bringing his unoccupied hand up, he slapped himself hard. Atem closed his eyes briefly and hissed at the sting. No, he wasn't dreaming. Gently, he kneeled in front of a trembling Yami and took hold of pale hands. Yami jumped at the warm contact and opened his eyes.

"Yami, I'm real. Believe me." Atem insisted, Yami shook his head.

"This dream, I've had it many times before! It ends the same! You leave and I wake up!" Yami explained. Hold on, he's had this moment in his dream? Could Yami see the future like Marik? No, Malik might, but how could Yami? Atem wasn't a seer, could he become one?

"I'm not leaving you, Yami. I'm staying with you!" Atem exclaimed, brushing away a golden bang that covered Yami's right eye. Yami flinched. 'He's in shock right now, I'll try to calm him down.'

"Yami... please. Believe me..." The cool night air sent a shiver down their spines, meaning Yami could get sick if he stays in the lake. Atem had to calm the pale man, and fast. Instead of trying to with words again, Atem gently brought his lips down onto Yami's, sealing them in a soft kiss.

Small Oreo POV~

Once more, Oreo cocked his head. He understood what was happening between his owners, but what the bloody hell was that lip contact? They once explained to him, when they caught him looking at them with curiosity, that it was a kiss. A way to show affection to another person, being lustful, chaste, loving, caring, or even just because. But there were also bad kisses...

After the kiss ended, his pale owner practically lunged at his creator, hugging him and crying. Oreo mewled and watched the heartbreaking scene. He wouldn't get involved right now, his owners needed time alone. Carefully, he stood from his kneeling position and walked away. On the way back, he grabbed the small bag in his mouth and continued walking back to the dorm.

-It was a small POV of Oreo's-

Atem rubbed Yami's back as he cried on his chest, crying indescribable things. The former Pharaoh could only make out some word such as 'missed you', 'depressed', 'suffering', 'lonely', and 'unbearable'. Gods, he now had another sin in his list of sins: Making Yami this sad and depressed. Lightly, tan fingers played with the pale man's hair, calming him a bit more.

"I'm sorry..." Atem kept repeating, however, he knew that just that wouldn't magically change Yami's cries and emotional state. This continued far longer than Atem or Yami guessed, it had passed two hours and Atem thought it had passed just a few minutes.

Eventually, Yami's sobs ceased and were replaced with delicate snores. Apparently, he cried himself to sleep, Atem didn't mind that. Yami was a sensitive person, he had confessed to Atem that he didn't trust love for he knew it would cause great pain, he was right. Carefully wrapping his cape around the pale boy and himself, he fell asleep with his lover tucked between his arms.

-Morning time-

Granted, he should've been sleeping right now. But he couldn't, he needed to take Yami back home and let them sleep in a bed. Not a bed of grass, though it felt nice, it wasn't the same. Picking Yami up gently, he walked out of the park at eight O'clock to just get out of there. Yami could possibly have a cold from being wet and the cold air touching him. 'Mental note, make Yami a warm bowl of soup. Wait a minute, how do you make that again...? Uhh... Oh, right!' Atem mused as he opened the door to the dorm.

He knew fully well Yami was still in school and that he was still in the dorm. So... what the bloody hell was this?

"What are you all doing here?" The former Pharaoh asked the eight people who were sitting in the living room, said people turned their heads facing him.

"Chatting. Where were you two?" Akefia questioned back, next to him Marik nodded.

"Oh, good lord, at least he's safe. Wait a second, is Yami okay?" Malik wondered out loud in relief and curiosity, turning just a bit in his chair.

"No! He won't be when I get my hands on him!" Anzu exclaimed, Téa held her down. Stopping her from charging at Yami.

"Anzu! Don't do this right-" Téa was interrupted by a hand on her shoulder.

"You zip it! Because you'll get your punishment later! Unless, of course, you want it worse." The pale brunet shook her head and closed her mouth, knowing what Anzu was capable of. This frightened her to tears but she resisted them, whatever the lesson was, it would be one she would never forget.

"Shouldn't we get back to the actual reason we are here?" Seth offered annoyedly, not enjoying the relationship problem talk.

"True. Question! How are you guys here? And... why now...?" The last sentence was whispered.

"We have absolutely no clue how we came here, but, we can say it was necessary if they brought all of us five. Gee, I'm still wondering how someone was brought here." Atem said as he walked out of Yami's room and into the living room.

"Important? Like what?" Anzu questioned, crossing her arms. Okay, that just hurt like a gun to the heart for Téa. Can't she see it's hurting her? Oh, yeah, she can't.

"Anzu, what is important to you?" Marik asked. Anzu shrugged.

"The Pharaoh." Atem glared at her.

"Something other than me." He responded with venom. What a rivalry, it's enjoyable at times.

"Killing your reincarnation." Anzu spat, looking at the door Yami was in. She was basically planning on sneaking in there to plunge a knife in his heart and stomach. Téa tugged on her sleeve, telling her to cut it out. Anzu glared at her and huffed.

"Fine, Téa is important to me." Anzu confessed. The tanned girl might hate her reincarnation sometimes, but she loves her in a way.

"Good enough," Malik said, sending a message to Téa by Morse code. "Progress!"

"Then that means, we came for them..." Akefia began, looking at Bakura as he looked at the floor.

"They're the most important to us." Marik continued.

"Which meant... you five needed us," Seth said, using his hands to emphasize.

"For what reason other than missing us?" Anzu mused, unconsciously wrapping a hand around the pale woman's waist. Téa jumped in surprise and flushed a bit.

"You guys don't get it, do you? It means, we- they are in danger." Atem stated, cutting them off from their sentences. "But from what?"

"Nyaa!"

A loud mewl made them all look at a certain kitty that was staring up at them, glaring. Oreo walked to Atem and patted his leg, signaling to follow him.

"He usually does that when he wants milk or fish," Bakura said, staring upon the cat. Oreo shook his head and scolded the former Pharaoh with his eyes. It was threatening, as if saying, 'If you don't follow me I'll put fish in your cereal in the morning'.

"Okay, lead me." Oreo made his way to Yami's room. And he immediately knew something was wrong. Looking inside, he was horrified.

To Be Continued~

______________________

Oh, my croft! I almost forgot that I had to post today! Do you guys know for me today was the state test and I had to look at a computer for three hours straight doing math? Yeah, that was not fun at all. Anyhoo, was the chapter okay? You're finally seeing Anzu and Téa's relationship forming, but that'll soon change! I'm sort of focusing on them a bit more than usual, just to get that out of the way. But Yami and Atem's relationship is my main focus. Next chapter, "Just the common cold. Worried Atem" Let's just say, Atem should've paid more attention in the medical class.

See you in the next chapter?

Saiyan Duelist