Visiting Dr. Mason

A/N- Sorry if this chapter is boring, but I finally edited it, exactly on October 23 at 2:01, at least where I live

Normal POV~

"Yami, what are you doing up at this time? And on a Saturday?" Yami froze dead in his tracks and turned around to face his sleepy boyfriend.

"Doctor's office, yearly check-up." Atem frowned and crossed his arms.

"That's funny, I never get a doctor's appointment." The pale man giggled.

"You're not registered in the system held by the boss or something. Although, if you want a check-up, I'll gladly make you one quickly."

"Wait a minute, aren't you a doctor?" He blinked and nodded.

"Then why don't you take care of yourself?"

"I'm not certified as a doctor yet, Até, I still need to get a job for that." Just as the former Pharaoh was going to say something Yami interrupted him by buttoning up his shirt.

"I'll answer any questions you have when I get back, I promise. Just go back to sleep and when you wake up I'll be back." Yami assured, patting the taller man's shoulder.

"Alright then, can I have a goodbye kiss?" The being of Light chuckled lightly before kissing him gently.

"I love you," Yami whispered, suddenly feeling sad. Apparently, it was called 'mood swings'

"I love you too,"

***

"Yami Motou? Dr. Mason will see you now." Standing up, he walked into the office, he inspected it closely, many medals and certificates lined the walls. There was a picture of a boy and a girl on the desk and much more.

"So... where's the lucky girl?" Yami's eyes widened.

"Excuse me?" Dr. Mason raised an eyebrow.

"You scheduled a pregnancy appointment, correct? So, I want to know where she is." Yami couldn't believe what he was hearing, didn't he explain that he was the one pregnant? Out of the blue, Dr. Mason let out a small laugh.

"I'm just joking around with you, I heard that you were the one pregnant. It's just... I don't believe it!" Yami smiled slightly.

"I don't either,"

"Anyway, sit down, let's take another test, just to be absolutely sure you are pregnant. While I'm doing this, I'll be asking questions here and there." The pale man sat down with his fingers on his buttons, he knew he'd be asked to take his shirt off, it was only natural, right?

"Do you feel nauseous at random points of the day? It's common in the mornings." Yami nodded, allowing the doctor to unbutton his shirt.

"Do you use the restroom quite often?" Yami nodded again. He noticed the doctor inspecting his swollen chest.

"This is rare... "

"Have you been moody? For example, you're sad one second, then the next you're happy."

" Yeah... "

"Do you eat quite often?" He nodded. Yami let out a small whine when the doctor's gloved finger gently poked his chest.

"One final, are you by any chance transgender?" This time, Yami shook his head.

"Okay, I'm going to give you this cup, you know what to do next, right?"

"Yeah, I know."

***

'What if... What if it doesn't work out? What if I'm careless and the baby...?' That specific question lingered in his mind as he walked home with some papers in his hands, tears formed in his eyes of the thought of having a miscarriage. Stopping for a brief moment, he tried to distract himself by putting the papers into the small blue backpack he carried.