The talk

Normal POV~

They stared at each other for what seemed like hours, though it was only a few minutes. The small tension between them grew more, until Atem finally decided to break it and the silence.

"Yami," He said, stepping two steps closer to the pale man. Yami woke up from his daydream and focused on his past self.

"W-What is it?" The pale man hadn't meant to stutter, but his sore throat hurt a bit too much. Apparently, Atem noticed because he snapped his fingers and a glass of cool water appeared in front of him. After muttering a 'thank you', Yami began to drink.

"How... How have you been doing?" Atem didn't know how to start the conversation, but he needed to talk, about... Everything that has happened, about everything that will happen. That line stung, but he could sense Atem's nervousness, it was rare to see him nervous, yet, it still plucked a string of memories.

"I've been better." Yami responded, colder than he intended. Suddenly he was unable to look at the tanned man straight in the eye, great, what was next? He heard said person hiss at those three words. An uncomfortable silence was spreading once more.

"Are you mad at me?" Atem softly asked. Their current situation was awkward, they couldn't deny that, but why? Why was it awkward? Yami was tempted to stand up from his sitting position and scream at him, he was mad at him, but a little. For he just came back with no explanation whatsoever and left him for almost two years! I mean, he knew, he told himself many times, that Atem sacrificed himself for him. For him. So, it wasn't entirely Atem's fault, but it was his too.

Coughing, he thought of that possessed Bakura back in the past. He had said it was his fault for them being trapped there and for them getting there in the first place, he accepted it was his fault. If he just gripped harder on that rail everything wouldn't have happened a-.

"It's okay if you're mad at me, I won't blame you." That sentence broke Yami out of his thoughts, he hadn't even realized he closed his eyes. Was that normal? With clenched fists, he looked up.

"I'm mad. But I'm also sad. And happy. I'm just on a roller coaster of emotions and I want to get off, but I can't. I'm confused on what I'm feeling." Yami confessed after he sniffed, his snow-white fists unfolded and relaxed. With a gentle sigh, Atem sat on the empty space by Yami. He could feel the pale boy tense ever so slightly.

"Yami, I want you to answer my questions. Answer what comes first to your mind, close your eyes. How'd you feel when I... left?" Even though he knew the answer, he had to ask. It would help Yami. His own father helped him with emotions; fear, sadness, anger, happiness, anything. Even love; this way.

"Agony, I felt agony." Yami coughed on his pajama sleeve, trying to get that weird, uncomfortable feeling off from in his throat.

"Six months later." Atem continued while his secure arms snaked around a clothed waist. He hugged the man to help him. Gently, he closed his own eyes.

"Depressed."

"Seven months later." A kiss was gently pressed onto the younger's forehead.

"Angry."

"A month ahead." Hands were stroking messed up hair.

"I began self-harm with a knife." Atem's eyes shot open and he almost stopped stroking the pale man's hair. Did he started self-harm? Oh gods, how could he forget!? Beings of Light were sensitive like thin ice!

"Proceeding three weeks later." Atem stated, using his magic to see if Yami lost a lot of blood.

"I stopped harming for Bakura found out. I was in a depressed state." Phew, he didn't lose that much blood.

"The following months until now."

"I felt a tad bit better. Yet, I started harming myself again." Yami unconsciously said.

"Yami open your eyes." Atem ordered gently. The pale man did just that, but they looked dazed. Well, at least he knew that spell he had never used worked.

"Where did you cut yourself?" It was Yami's turn to widen his eyes. 'How did he know? Why was I asleep for a minute?'

"How...?"

"Yami, tell me where. Please." Atem begged, looking at him in the eyes. Hesitantly, Yami lifted up his sleeves.

"I... My arms... And my abdomen." Cautiously, he began lifting his pajama shirt.

"I'm sorry..." Yami whispered, how many times had he apologized today? He didn't know, he stopped counting. A sad look appeared on Atem's face with some disappointment. Yami was guilty, he disappointed Atem.

Out of the blue, a warm hand pressed against his abdomen. Soft whispers came out of Atem's mouth. His arms had the same treatment. The tanned man took off the bandages. There wasn't a trace of the cuts.

"There we go, that's much better." Atem mused.

"Forgive-" Yami started, but he was interrupted by a strong hug.

"Don't ask for forgiveness, Yami. You're forgiven. Yet, I'm disappointed. Please don't do this ever again, I'm here now. And I promise you, I won't leave your side again. I'll get on my knees and cry to the gods for me to stay here. I'll do anything." The former Pharaoh assured, stroking Yami's back lovingly. Yami hiccupped and nodded, he dug his head on his lover's shoulder and cried silently.

"Now, go to sleep. You need it to get better." Atem offered, leaning against the wall with the now healed pale man and wiped away his tears.

"Don't leave..." Yami pleaded, taking hold of the warm hand that was planted on his face.

"I won't, I'll stay here with you as you sleep. I'll keep you safe." Atem assured once more.

"Hold me, please?" Atem smiled and nodded. He gently wrapped Yami's blanket on the pale man and waited patiently as he slowly slipped into sleep.

***

"Anzu, I don't think-"

"Shut up. I said no speaking, and straighten up!" Anzu exclaimed, watching as Téa straightened up. Currently, Téa was kneeling as a staff was sitting on the palms of her hands, books were stacked on her head. If she dropped anything or lost balance, she'll be whipped with a crop Anzu held in her hands.

"Don't worry darling, only three more hours." Anzu said, moving away to go to the kitchen. Téa's heart jumped at the nickname 'darling'. Anzu had called her darling!

To Be Continued~

_________________________

Hello. How was your day? Mine was okay. Anyhoo, I'm going to explain what's happening! Anzu and Téa's relationship is growing more! Anzu is beginning to call her nicknames that she doesn't know she's saying. It'll grow more next chapter, who knows? It could already start. Atem and Yami's relationship is heading on a bumpy ride, don't worry, they won't break up, but, a certain someone will try and ruin it. Next chapter, "Oblivious idiots". Let's set the depressing mood aside, let's get some happy vibes going.

See you in the next chapter?

Saiyan Duelist