Saddened Lights

A/N-Takes place when the young ones are in their last year of high school. All of them are eighteen and will turn nineteen in about seven months. Their live style changed and Yami, Malik, and Bakura live in Yami's dorm. Téa still lives in her home that she shared with Anzu. Seto is living now alone in his room in Kaiba Corp. With that being said, on with the story!

Normal POV~

Yami was with his best friends playing tick-tac-toe, it was a Sunday and they didn't want to do anything. After their lovers left, they felt empty and barely had the energy to do something, but, school started and they had to go.

"I won." Yami announced, his voice wasn't strong at all, it was somewhat quiet and timid.

"We already went fourteen rounds and nothing. Nothing cheered us up." Bakura said, crossing his arms. Being the oldest out of the three, it was his job to be strong, to show his friends a simple separation isn't supposed to hurt for this long. However, Bakura admitted that he did want to cry just as his best friends did about their loss.

"Does anyone want to go to school tomorrow?" Malik questioned, laying back on the floor. He didn't feel like going to school tomorrow, he wanted to lay in bed all day and sleep.

"I don't feel like going, but I have an exam and I can't miss it," Yami said, holding his head in his hands. Life wasn't this hard before, why now?

"We all do, Yami. It's that state exam the everyone hates." Bakura said, placing the paper away. Oreo suddenly walked in and sat on Yami's lap, he nuzzled his owner and earned strokes to his hair as a reward.

"I mean, it is necessary for the state to know how you are doing in school," Malik said, covering himself with a blanket.

"I could care less right now, in a few months we'll be graduating from high school, I want to be free from school," Yami said, cuddling with Oreo a bit.

"You used to care when Atem was here," Bakura said, sitting down beside Yami, said person teared up.

"That was when things were different." Yami whispered as he closed his eyes.

"Yami..."

"I'm tired, I'll be headed to my bed now. Goodnight you two." Yami stated, standing from his position and bringing Oreo with him. Oreo purred and let his owner carry him to bed. Both Malik and Bakura sighed, they both knew Yami didn't like when they brought Atem up. Yami would always make excuses to leave when they ever brought up the name. They couldn't tell if he was mad at him, or sad that he left him, maybe both.

But, they couldn't blame their best friend. They too didn't like when Akefia or Marik was mentioned. It always hurt their chained hearts because they knew they would never see the love of their life's again, nor be able to stop loving them. However, it was getting late and they did have that stupid exam to be awake for. Bakura let Malik sleep on the couch whether as he slept on the floor, it will be a long day tomorrow, they just couldn't wait for it.

***

"Mr. Motou, Mr. Motou. MR. MOTOU!" The teacher screamed. Yami raised his head from his arms and looked at his teacher sleepily.

"Yes, ma'am?" He questioned. He had forgotten where he was or why he was there until the teacher said,

"Mr. Motou, you are here to do an exam. Not to fall asleep in the middle of it." She scolded, Yami nodded.

"'M sorry." Yami apologized, he looked at his screen and began working again. Téa sent Yami a concerned glance, he was worse than yesterday. Had he been sleeping well? She was just worried about her friend. Yeah, believe it or not, Téa befriended the small group and hung out with them once in a while. She had told them her secret and they accepted it completely, they just asked her lots of questions of how she could fall in love with someone like Anzu. She answered them truthfully and they have been friends since.

'Underline the context clues and summarize the story in two paragraphs or more' Yami read in his mind, the screen brightness was killing him even if it was fully down. He tried to not fall asleep as he read the boring story. Just an hour and a half left of this period, then lunch will come.

Forcing his eyes to not shut close because he has finally reached the end, Yami finished the last question of the reading test and closed his computer. After you were done with the test, you were allowed to put your head down and sleep, Yami did just that, he was just so tired.

***

"Yami, wake up, it's lunchtime," Téa said as she shook his shoulder, he snapped his head up and looked around.

"Téa? Where are we?" Yami asked, Téa shook her head and sighed.

"You need to get a full eight hours of sleep, my friend. We are at school in our language arts classroom. You fell asleep after you finished the reading test, now it's lunchtime and we need to see the others." Téa explained, Yami nodded and stood up. He didn't feel hungry, he just wanted to sleep again.

After meeting up with Bakura and Malik, the four grabbed their lunches and walked to the roof. The moment they finished their lunch, they just fell asleep on each other's shoulders, apparently, Yami wasn't the only one who was tired.

But, one question, just one important question.

Who set the alarm for them to wake up?

***

"Mr. Kaiba, may I please come in?" His secretary asked, Seto, looked up from the chair he's been staring at for an hour and a half now and to the door.

"Come in," He said and the secretary did so. As she entered, Seto stared at his computer, still nothing typed down. He had lost interest in his job after Seth left for him to still be here. He appreciated the sacrifice, but he'd rather someone else had done it, not his beloved. Seth inspired him to do better things and helped him with the work, now he was alone like he always was.

"Why have you come here?" Seto asked, his voice turning cold and uninterested.

"Excuse my interruption from your work, Seto Kaiba, but I have some papers here for you. It's about the business." She said, handing him some papers. Seto took them into his hand.

"Will, that be all?" He questioned, she nodded.

"Yes, that's all." She reassured, the secretory then walked out. Seto ran a hand through his hair and took a look at the papers. It explained how the business was dropping, and if it didn't get higher it could take their reputation to the ground.

Seto slammed the papers onto the desk and placed his hands on his face. What was he going to do now?

***

The bell rung and the four friends woke up, they didn't need an alarm at least. They looked at each other and said at the exact same time,

"We have to go now!" They grabbed their trays and ran to the cafeteria, they placed the trays there and ran to their algebra class. They were all in it and when they sat down, the bell had rung, the looked at each other and smiled.

"Okay then, as you all know, we have the test today. So, grab a computer and log in and wait for me to start the test." He said, everyone nodded and stood to get a laptop.

If you were wondering, Yami did fall asleep in the middle of the test again, along with the others. Yes, they were yelled at for doing so, but a person needs to sleep.

At night that is...

To Be Continued~

_____________________

I'm back! Welcome to the new book of the series! Yes, chapters will be long, I can guarantee ten or longer pages. I think... Anyhoo, I'm going to start off and say, how was your day and how was the chapter? Welcome back too! So, if you don't already know about my new schedule, go to my profile and read the 'About' box, over there will be the whole explanation about my new schedule. Got it? Next chapter, "Guilty Darks". This chapter was about the Lights, but what about the Darks?

See you in the next chapter?

Saiyan Duelist