Rainy day

Normal POV~

It was around five in the morning when Yami woke up to a nauseous feeling.

"I hate mornings..." The pale man whimpered, untangling himself from Atem and walking into the bathroom. He kneeled in front of the toilet and vomited whatever he could, that was always unpleasant. When he thought it was over, he flushed and brushed his teeth.

"Oreo? What are you doing on the counter sweetie?" Yami asked, nuzzling the kitten behind his ear, Oreo purred and seemed to smile.

"It's rather early, do you want to head back onto the bed and cuddle with Atem?" The small cat nudged his abdomen, Yami blushed lightly.

"Yeah, there is a small one growing in here." Oreo tilted his head, his owner chuckled and smiled.

"It means that you're going to have someone to protect at all times, they will also be your best friend." Yami knew he was interested when the small ears perked up and onyx eyes sparkled.

"Keep this between us, okay? Don't give Atem hints, I want to surprise him."

***

"Damn it, it's raining today in the summer?!" Akefia groaned on the breakfast table, glaring at the raindrops.

"Yay! Rain! Time to get the house wet with my wet self!" Marik exclaimed excitedly.

"You might want to rephrase that, everyone in this house is dirty-minded." Yami requested, taking a sip of his water.

"Hey! I'll have you know I have a degree for being dirty-minded!" Marik declared, standing up and standing on the table.

"Marik! Sit your ass down before the cops come in and think you're a stripper!"

"I'm a stripper? Where the hell is my money?!" For shits and giggles, Malik took out his wallet and threw him a dollar bill with twenty-five cents. As expected, everyone burst into a laughing fit. At the worst moment, a wave of nausea came to Yami.

"I'll be right back." Politely excusing himself and rushing into the bathroom.

-Back in the kitchen-

"Marik, seriously, sit down, we have to talk. All of you in fact." Atem said with a tone that sounded very serious and sort of desperate.

"What's wrong?"

"Yami. Something's wrong with him. I don't know what it is, and I have a feeling that you guys know." Bakura and Malik almost choked on their food.

"What? Why would you think that? If something was wrong with Yami you'd be the first we tell." Malik said, raising an eyebrow. 'Well, not in this situation.'

"Why the sudden change in voice? It's obvious-" The former Pharaoh stopped talking and looked at the door to the bathroom. Everyone looked at the door as soon as Yami stepped out. The pale man tilted his head in confusion.

"Is everything alright?" He asked.

***

Dialing a number he never thought he would call, Yami hesitated and slowly pressed the call button. The person answered on the second ring.

"Who's this and how did you get this number?"

"Um... Hello, Anzu." Silence on the other line.

"What do you want?" She asked, sounding very irritated.

"I wanted to ask for a favor."

"Why would I do such-"

"Please, I really need you to do this for me," Anzu growled.