A day in the life of Father Atem

Normal POV~

"-and the diapers are in the closet, second drawer. Oh, and the-"

"Okay, okay. Calm down, I've got this." Atem assures, watching Yami's face turn into one of concern.

"Are you sure?" He asked, Atem nodded and smiled with Heba cooing in his arms.

"As I said, I got this." Yami let a nervous smile cross his face while he opened the door.

"All right then, I love you."

"I love you too," Heba waved at his mother when he walked out the door. Atem sighed when Heba began to giggle.

"I don't got this..."

***

"Are you hungry? Or do you want to watch television?" Atem asked Heba, who was sitting on a small chair.

"Mathick!" He exclaimed, his hands flailing in the air. It took Atem a moment to realize what he said.

"Oh... magic. Sure," The former Pharaoh knew Yami worried a lot when he gave Heba a lesson about magic. Of course, his beloved was okay with it, but he thought it would hurt Heba someway or somehow.

"Daddy! Mathick!" Heba exclaimed again. Atem smiled brightly.

"All right, let's show you how to a small ball of magic." Oreo sat on the cushion where Heba pointed at him to sit, it's been almost two years, and he was glad John was nowhere to be seen.

***

"Last trip and then I can go home." Yami murmured to himself, a backpack swung against his shoulder. It was a hot summer day so he decided to wear jeans shorts along with one of Atem's shirts, which was one of the most comfortable things he's ever worn. It was oversized but worth wearing.

"H-Hey!" The pale man yelped, being yanked into an empty street. He tried to take his arm back and froze when his eyes landed on the man.

Owen.

"HELP! SOMEBODY HELP-" Tears slid down his cheeks as Owen covered his mouth, looking angry and slightly irritated.

"Shush, stay quiet and give me your phone."

"Huh? Let me go, Owen-"

"Name's John, not Owen. And I know who you are, my baby brother's lover."

"If Owen even is your baby brother I'm not his lover!" Yami began to protest behind the big hand covering his mouth. 'John' took out his phone and opened it up. He didn't have a passcode because he had nothing to hide.

"Hello?" Yami heard the familiar voice of Atem and Heba's cheerful screams.

"Atem! Help! Someone is chasing me!" John exclaimed, somehow mimicking his voice, HIS VOICE!

"What? Where!" Yami tried to scream at his boyfriend to not please not come.

"Close to the street behind the pet shop, I'm hiding behind a dumpster right now, please come quick." Atem yelled an 'On my way!' Then hung up.

"Do whatever you want with me! Just don't hurt my family!" Yami continued to beg the guy until he felt a very well known power. Along with smaller, but stronger than his, power. John grabbed him with a bruising grip and dragged him behind an actual dumpster. Yami felt useless and weak, why did he always bring danger to Atem? Now he was bringing danger to Heba, who was barely a year old.

"Shh... I promise I won't hurt them..."

***

-Earlier-

Heba was making a mess with feathers as he tried to make a perfect bird, but he was struggling. Atem was trying to choose which would be the best thing to feed Heba in a minute. They succeeded with the ball of energy and Heba bounced it around with Oreo chasing it.

Giggles and mewls filled the house and Atem finally found what he was searching for.

"Heba! I found the cereal flavored one!" Atem said as he grabbed a small spoon and opened the jar. Heba walked out of the playroom and into the kitchen, effortlessly climbing onto the chair.

"Have you learned how to hold a spoon?" Heba proudly nodded.

"Yeah!" Atem smiled.

"Okay then, show me." Heba took the spoon and baby talked on how it worked, Atem acting as if he's never held a spoon before. A little bit after that, his phone rang.

"Hello?" He answered.

"Atem! Help! Someone is chasing me!" Atem dropped his own plate of toast and turned tense.

"What? Where!" The former Pharaoh exclaimed. Who would dare do such a thing?!

"Close to the street behind the pet shop, I'm hiding behind a dumpster right now, please come quick." Somethin' sounded odd about Yami, sounded oddly... calm... but it seemed like he was in trouble so he will still go.

"Heba, we have to go!" Heba curiously tilted his head.

"Oh wait, babies can be on motorcycles... Teleportation it is," Atem walked up to Heba and carried him, "hold onto my shirt, don't be afraid okay?" The former Pharaoh summoned a portal and his son looked around the black hole.

***

-Present time-

"Yami? Where are you?"

"Right here," Came the soft voice from the wall. Atem had a sudden gut feeling, telling him to keep caution. Holding his son tighter, he slowly walked toward the wall.

"Bet 'cha didn't see me coming," John said, smirking and removing his hand from Yami's mouth. The pale man looked distressed.

"By the way, my name's John. What's the little rascal's name?"

To Be Continued~

____________________________

It's pretty late right now, and I'm not sure if I'll even sleep tonight because of worrying, I'm honestly thinking too much so I must keep my mind entertained on something. I know this chapter is pretty short, but I really want the next part to be in next's chapter. I hope you're having a nice day and I also hope you somewhat enjoyed the chapter. Next chapter,"New boss, new fight." No context, lol, I'll edit this tomorrow, I'm very tired.

See you in the next chapter?

Saiyan Duelist