August 25, 3:57 AM

Normal POV~

It was so bloody, and all the screaming was so intense. Atem was so scared when the doctors announced that they would have to perform a C-section, even though Yami was an immortal, he was still afraid that the blood loss could kill him. Being an immortal was rather strange, it was just staying alive and keeping your youth, but if you have a tremendous amount of damages then you could actually die. And tons of amounts of blood loss was a way to die.

"Yami, you and the baby are going to be all right, I promise..." The pale man nodded and gripped his boyfriend's hand. Yami felt himself turning numb from the waist down and then the surgeons began to work.

But in the end, it all worked out. Both Yami and Atem smiled when they heard their baby's first cry. The doctors let out a sigh of triumph.

After a long process, Yami finally was able to hold his beautiful baby in his hands. Atem was by his side, smiling warming at his son.

"He's got your eyes, beloved," Atem commented, watching as his small one reached up their pudgy arms to grab at Yami's face.

"And yet, he looks just like you. He inherited your tanned skin along with your hair..." Yami blinked a few times to stay awake. He was so tired but he wanted to stay awake.

"So... how are you guys doing? You guys okay?" The midwife asked, walking in to check on them.

"We're fine, a bit tired, but fine," Atem responded.

"That's good, that's good. Have you guys chosen a name for the small one or do you need more time?" Atem and Yami smiled at each other for a moment before looking down at the little bundle in Yami's arms. They said at the exact same time,

"Heba. His name will be Heba."

***

Yes, it was a rather long stay at the hospital after the birth of their child. But at least Yami was taught how to breastfeed, which made him less nervous because he had no clue how to do that. Their friends came to visit them, obviously excited to meet the baby that had been sleeping peacefully in his mother's arms.

"I don't even know how to feel, emotions are running through me and I have no clue how to describe it." Atem had told them, holding Heba carefully, yeah, he remembered to thoroughly wash his hands. Heba was staring up at him, his crimson eyes full of wonder, his eyebrows were lightly furrowed.

"I guess turning into a parent changes you." Atem nodded and watched as Heba reached his curious arm up. The former Pharaoh winced when his son gripped one of his golden bangs and wouldn't let go. The room filled with laughter as Atem attempted to make Heba let go of his hair.

"Heba, let go of my hair!" Atem laughed. Heba let his tiny hand release the interesting lightning bolt.

"Time to get used to being called 'Daddy', Atem, sooner or later it will happen."

"Oh, don't worry, I'm already used to being called 'Daddy' by you, beloved," Atem said, smirking and winking at Yami. Everyone laughed and Yami blushed.

"Tell us all about it!" Akefia cheered.

"There is a child present! Later!"

***

"What in the heavens have you done?" Aknamkanon asked, not believing his eyes as he saw the small child in his son's hands. The Pharaoh's wife smiled.

"You said you wanted Atem to have a child, I simply made it happen. I thought I told you this? Now we have a beautiful grandson." She beamed, absolutely happy with her work.

"I have a feeling this won't end well." The Pharaoh's wife tilted her head.

"What are you trying to say?"

"In order to take care of a child, a man and woman figure are needed to successfully take care of that child. Not two men." She sighed and shook her head.

"Why can't you just accept them? What is wrong with their love?"

"They're both men, it's not... normal."

"Cheating on me with ten other women after Atemu was born isn't normal." She countered.

"As Pharaoh, I have full permission to do so."

"That's was millennia ago, nowadays, it isn't normal to do such a thing. If you cheat on someone they will leave you and scream at you. Some don't care, and I said some."

"And it is normal for two people of the same sex to be together?" She nodded.

"Homophobic people still exist, yes, but they don't know how to love and let love." Aknamkanon narrowed his eyes and continued to watch as Heba was being passed on to Yami.

He saw the happiness in the boy's eyes, he could see it in Atem's eyes as well.

"If I allow this to happen, will Atemu be truly happy?" Aknamkanon asked, unconsciously using Atem's real name in the process.

"He is, and he will be." The Pharaoh's wife assured.

"Then, I shall allow this to continue," He said, looking back down to see his son hugging his lover and baby close, fondly smiling down at them. He could tell by the look in his eyes, he was happy.

***

-The next day-

"Heba, welcome to your new home," Yami whispered gently, carrying the small one to the little nursery, Atem following close behind.

"Look at him, Yami, our small one is home." Yami smiled as Atem wrapped his arms around his waist.

"I know, and for some reason, I feel even more complete."

"Me too. The more I look at him, I can't help but think of what I almost left behind and-" Yami shushed him.

"It's all right, you said you wouldn't do it again. And are you gone? No, you're not." Yami said, watching Heba moving his arms randomly, curiously watching as Oreo got into the cradle.

"Looks like we have future best buddies," Atem stated, laughing lightly as Oreo snuggled beside Heba. Yami turned around and smiled brighter than ever.

"I love you," He said, blushing an adorable shade of pink. The former Pharaoh couldn't help but blush as well.

"And I love you even more,"

To Be Continued~

________________________

Hello! I published today as I said! Hopefully, I can update next week without any worries. My family and I are going through a tough time so bear with me okay? I'll try to update either on Mondays or Wednesdays. Anyways, I hope you have a nice day and I hope you started off 2020 with a good start. I also hope you enjoyed this chapter with the welcoming of the baby. I know there might be few errors but I'll fix them later. Next chapter, "Crawling and playing with blocks." Bad title, I know, I know... I'm not good with them honestly...

I'll see you in the next chapter?

Saiyan Duelist