Crawling and playing with blocks

Normal POV~

"Heba! Don't drop the plate!" Yami exclaimed, dropping the whisker into the bowl and running to his son, who was in the living room, controlling the bowl with his eyes.

"Até, I told you to not teach Heba magic yet!" Atem peaked his head in at the call of his nickname.

"Yami? You should be sleeping? And I didn't, he's learning by himself." Yami stared at him for a while.

"What? How? He's at least a month old?" Atem smiled before walking into the living room.

"I think he inherited our combined magic. I suppose my mom made him like us as much as possible-"

"Wait, what do you mean your mom made him?" 'Shoot...'

"Before I tell you, promise to not get mad at me?" Atem asked, Yami raised an eyebrow and nodded.

"I was going to tell you this a while ago, but with the pains throughout the pregnancy along with worrying and stress on the side, I couldn't. I was going to wait a month after we had our son but... I guess I'm telling you now. I'm not completely sure how or why..? But my mother told me she wanted to prove my father wrong. By that statement I concluded that my father wanted me to have a child, so my mother placed a womb in you." Atem glanced at Heba who was already crawling around on the carpet floor.

"Don't tell me that our son is just a reason to prove someone wrong, please don't tell me that..." The pale man whispered, sitting down and watching Heba set the bowl down.

"What? No, no of course not. I'm sure my mom wanted us to have a child at least. Maybe she subconsciously heard your prayers of wanting a child and... gave us a beautiful gift."

"I know that Até, I just don't want our son to believe... that he's... you know, a mistake or something like that. Children this generation could be a bit oversensitive."

"Yeah, we all are, even if we think we aren't," Atem wrapped an arm around his lover's waist and pushed him close to him. "but hey, look at the bright side, we have what we always wanted. A baby, that's learning rather fast, already crawling and soon will be walking, and a happy family." Yami smiled and nodded, outstretching his arms when Heba crawled towards him.

"Do you think it's even safe for him to crawl this young? I don't think it's sanitary." The pale man picked him up and carefully cradled him. The former Pharaoh smiled at them both. Heba reached his chubby arms up and patted his chest, Yami blushed and coyly smiled.

"Uhm, I guess it's time for... you know... that time of the day." Atem chuckled and nodded, standing up and giving 'privacy.'

"By the way, should I continue making the cake?" Yami was just pulling down his loose shirt when his eye widened.

"Oh! Yeah, please?"

***

"Look at him... All mine..." Owen praised, looking down at Yami and Heba.

"Are you sure? That kid doesn't look like you." John stated, whistling a gentle melody as he sharpened his blade.

"Are you calling me a liar?"

"I never said that."

"I know, but you're suggesting it."

"And? I'm just saying he doesn't look like you. He just resembles a little Atem."

"Getting soft, Johnny?" John chuckled.

"Just because you're my favorite brother, that doesn't mean you're allowed to calm me that. And if you call me that again, I'll skin you alive, and have a skeleton wear you as a costume."

"Okay, okay, jeez. Everyone is always butt-hurt these days. Can't handle a small nickname."

"Says the guy who doesn't like being called Owie." The demon turned bright red.

"Owie is a slight chubby teenager who impregnated human women for fun, I'm not that person anymore, I'm Owen."

"A little demon who fell in love with a human. Pretty interesting this Owen is."

***

"Heba, you see this little block?" Atem asked, holding up a block. Heba stopped sucking his little book and stared at the wooden cube.

"Good, you can stack them. Like this." The former Pharaoh set down the block on top of the other. His son looking at them with interest, he let the book drop and grabbed two blocks. He stacked them together and made a slight squeal of excitement. Yami smiled from the kitchen, hearing his lover and son spending quality time.

Everything was going to be fine. He told himself. No more Owen and no more demons or threats. His friends were coming over to spend time together, like a family. Everything will be just fine.

To Be Continued~

__________________________

Yeah, yeah, don't scream at me. I know I'm pretty late, and this chapter is pretty short, but lately, I've been procrastinating on this because I had to get my B up to at least an A-, now that I've got it up there, I'm going to turn in a bit of work to get it up to an A, and I've been struggling a bit, but I'm fine. Anyway, have a good day, hopefully, you enjoyed the chapter. I know this book is turning out boring, so, if you stop reading this book because of that, I completely understand. Next chapter, "A year with you." Just what the title says, another birthday! Oh, and by the way, I'm going to edit this chapter later,

See you in the next chapter?

Saiyan Duelist