The last straw

Normal POV~

"Very well, then I will." Atem dodged the punch his lover was going to give him and moved back.

"Quit moving! It'll make my job easier!" Yami exclaimed, growling as he chased Atem into the house.

"No, this isn't you... There must be a way to turn you back to normal..." Atem stated, gripping pale wrists when they tried to attack him. Tears formed in the now crimson-amethyst eyes and he cried out.

"Atem! You're hurting me!" The former Pharaoh immediately let go of his, unintentionally, harsh hold.

"I'm sorry, Yami! I didn't-" The pale man's eyes quickly turned white again and he punched Atem's stomach. Atem coughed and kneeled, holding his pounding abdomen. It felt like his life was draining, was Yami that strong?

"I knew that would work, you're pressure point is your beloved lover. Using him to attack you is the easiest strategy." Yami laughed as he saw the former Pharaoh struggle to stand up.

"That's sick and twisted. Using him against me to kill the one he loves." Atem scolded, glaring at the pale man.

"Well, the one he loves won't be alive for much longer. Oh, poor me, I will be heartbroken once again because my lover left me once again. You know, I do believe I have some wonderful blades." Atem growled, how dare this being that controlled his beloved say that? That was just not right, not at all.

"Watch your mouth." Yami grinned and crossed his arms.

"Of course, Até..." Atem growled and ran off, Yami chasing behind him. The tanned man opened door after door, trying to find an exit or something. He didn't want to fight Yami, even though he wasn't him at the moment, he didn't want to hurt his body.

"Damn it! How many doors are in this damn place?!" He exclaimed, opening the door waiting for him. Stairs.

"Come back here, Atem. You'll get a reward for doing so..." The pale man purred. Great, now he was trying to seduce him. Atem stopped running when he noticed he was on the roof of the building, he saw Owen in front of him with Jake in his grasp, gagged and almost lifeless. A white shard was in-between the incubus's fingers as he whistled.

"Got 'cha!" Just as Yami was about to charge at Atem, Owen stopped him.

"Yami, dear, you can stop now. I'll take care of it from here." The pale man nodded and his eyes turned back to their warm color instead of white. Tiredness took over and he fell to his knees, a white shard came out of Yami and made its way towards Owen, who gratefully grasped it. As soon as Atem began to run to his lover, the floor rumbled and split into two.

"No! Yami!" Atem exclaimed, reaching his hand over to Yami, Yami tried to reach but it was too late. They were separated.

"The other one too," The pale man shook at the sickly sweet tone of Owen's voice, he was still terrified of him.

"I'm so sorry, Atem..." Yami whispered before another shard, this time black, came out of him and into Owen's hand.

"Good, now your power is gone, dear. But yours, Pharaoh," Owen turned his head toward the former Pharaoh who was glaring at him. "is not completely gone." The incubus placed the shards in his pocket and stood up.

"I'll give you a choice, you can kill yourself fast and easy, or you can kill Yami, fast and easy. Don't even think about attacking me, you don't even have enough strength to do that, not to mention magic. You only have enough to kill simple weaklings like you." Atem closed his eyes and took a shaky breath, he promised Yami he would be with him always, but he didn't want to kill Yami.