"Leave 'em alone Murphy, they're in that honeymoon phase, best part of any relationship." He said as Murphy took a hit of the Z-weed, "And I'd know, speaking as a man who's been married several times, I'm kind of an expert."

Citizen Z POV

He'd been able to get just enough juice to get a small laptop working again. Right now he'd run into the issue that the screen kept flashing 'No Access' in red as it beeped.

"File locked? When did I do that?" he asked himself out loud as Pup whimpered at his feet, "I'm clearly losing my mind. Don't start. Let's see, uh. . . password denied? No, I didn't change the password." He said as he kept typing away. "Oh shit. . . I've been hacked." That meant everything he had, every secret government file, every security code, even the files on Delta X-ray Delta Bailey had helped him compile, everything he'd put into the computer was now at someone else's fingertips. He pulled a blue glow stick from his pocket and went to check more of his equipment.

"I don't get it." He muttered to himself, "These servers have been powered down since the blast. How the hell could –"

Then a small mechanic whizzing sound reached his ears and he searched for the source. Not far from where he was one of the servers was on and operational, its small power button glowing green in the dark.

"Well, look at that. Well played." he said shutting it down and returning to his computer. "All right. Let's see who's been sleeping in my bed." He said tapping away at the keys.

Bailey POV

Their last El Camino broke down a few days later in the middle of what looked like a junkyard. Piles of smashed concrete and metal were scattered for miles all around them. They were definitely in California if the blinding sun wasn't proof enough. Bailey had put on her white framed Ray Bans sunglasses again along with the poncho Ayalla had given her, throwing it over her shirt for extra coverage. It was thin enough that she wouldn't be sweating in the heat but also helped make her feel a bit more covered after being forced into that ridiculous barely-a-top that the Zeros had given her to wear. The deep red woven designs in the poncho matched nicely with the red moto pants she now wore and she felt more like herself now that her midriff was less exposed. She wore the poncho like Ayalla had letting the wide collar hang off one shoulder.

"I think it's dead." 10K said when they'd opened the hood to check the motor and nothing but smoke billowed out of it.

"Well, we couldn't drive through that crap anyway." Doc said positively, gesturing to the rubble all around them. "Adios, El Camino."

"El Camino." 10K said as he had before and Bailey rested her arm on his shoulder, he'd ditched the skeleton bandana that had been around his neck and ripped the sleeve off his right arm and had another makeshift shoulder pad on. He had found a piece of black and yellow striped metal in the rubble a while back and had fashioned it to fit his shoulder, it reminded Bailey of when she'd first met him and he'd been wearing the soles of a pair of shoes as armor. He'd also for some reason decided to keep only one of his fingerless leather gloves and when Bailey had asked him why he'd simply given her the other glove to wear and kissed her cheek. Addy had also found herself a pair of pants along the way and she'd ripped off the bottom of her dress after putting them on. Warren's leather corset had been changed too for a black cold shoulder top and a beige corset vest that looked much more army than her last look.

"You know, I love that you're a glass half full kinda guy." Addy told Doc as he closed the hood of the car and sat on it.

"Especially when there's no damn glass." Murphy complained.

"All right, looks like we're on foot." Warren said picking up her backpack and pulling the straps over her shoulders, "Grab what you can and let's hit it. Come on princess, let's go." Warren clapped at The Murphy.