Bandaids and Bullet Holes

Start from the beginning

"Good. We've treated everything."

"Except for..." Casey gestured to the dark liquid in her hair, coming from two gashes on her head. "And uh... that, too." He pointed to her neck. The gashes on her head caused some blood to trail down her scalp past her hairline which directed his attention to the other injury. Casey figured he should mention the bloody gauze taped over the red, tender area of her skin.

Leo moved strands of hair away from the back of her neck, revealing the red bandage being bled through.

Donatello took a breath, uncovered the wound carefully and slowly.

April gagged and quickly looked away. Somehow, the blood smell got even worse. "What the heck is that?!"

Donnie's eyes were wide. "Uh... It looks like they... they drilled a hole?"

"They what?"

It was hard for him to tell whether it was drilled, or stabbed, or... whatever. The diameter was so small.

But it was grotesque. There was no wonder it had bled so much. And it was impossible to tell how deep it went. Donnie just hoped whatever instrument they used didn't go deep enough to damage anything irreparable in her nervous system.

But they all noticed that the wound had been treated after it was formed. Not very well, but nevertheless, there was gauze and what seemed to be shining medicinal ointment sitting under the blood.

"Well... none of us put this gauze on her. So why would they help her after they hurt her?" April watched warily as Donnie disposed of the red soaked material.

"It looks like they barely tried." Casey criticized the passive treatment for the injury as he glared at it. "That, or they suck at first aid."

"They don't suck. They just did the bare minimum." A disgusted Donnie said, and grabbed his tools again. The fact that this particular one was specially made and specially treated by those psychopaths peaked his curiosity, but that was something else on his mental list of laters. "I got this one."

"I'll get her head." Leo grunted, doing the same. They found they had a bit more energy knowing they were just about at the end of this.

Donnie saw Casey starting to lean faintly, and moved around the table towards him. "Here." He carefully pulled the needles from their arms, disrupting his makeshift IV. "You're a lifesaver."

"Was nothin'." Casey mumbled, slowly walking past the mutant.

Donnie looked from the drained hockey player to the psychic. "Leo and I can handle everything else. I think we're just about done here."

April nodded before quickly following Casey. "Come on, you should sit."

"Thanks, guys." Donnie called before he could forget while they were heading for the door, and turned back to his brother and friend.

April smiles back at him and sat her friend down in the nearest chair.

Time to assess the damage. Find out what the shell Karai and her blond beta were up to creating a hole in the back of Y/n's neck. He turned to the table, and noticed Leo hunched over, his hand shielding his eyes away from everyone else. "Hey..." A moment passed, and Leo stood upright. Dragging his body upward to help the rest of him resume his challenges, he looked at his brother. "We did it. She is going to be fine." He spoke slowly, emphasizing his certainty. "Really."