The Date

Leo's POV

I walk alongside Y/n in the sewers as I lead her up to the surface. It's silent at first. I'm starting to get nervous... Before I was just excited to finally get to do this with her. But now I'm actually realizing what situation we're in: our first date. I'm completely lost on how all of this is gonna go down. I mean, I have everything perfectly planned out. But will it feel just like all the other times we've hung out? Or something completely different? I don't want anything between us to change just because of the possible awkwardness of dating...

And honestly I just hope she likes it. It's my first date. I don't think any of those meetings I had with Karai before count... It's not like they were official or anything but- I don't even know why my mind is bringing that up right now... The point is that I've never been on a date before and it's not like I can take her to a restaurant or movie or anything.

I look over at her as we silently continue to weave our way through the sewers. She's probably just as nervous as I am. Of course, I don't know whether this is her first date too or not. But if it's not, I'm sure the others weren't as silently awkward as this one's been for the past two and a half minutes... Sometimes I forget she said she's not good at making conversation. I shake the thoughts out of my head since I've pretty much been ignoring her for these couple minutes. My hand graces hers as I reach mine out for her to hold. When she joins her hand with mine I can tell hers is shaking a bit.

"Nervous?"

She looks down sheepishly. "Yeah, sorry."

"Don't be." I smile and shake my head. "Is this your first date?" She nods, but it wasn't the answer I was expecting. "Really? I'm surprised."

She looks up from the ground, almost laughing. "You are? Why?"

I scratch the back of my neck. "Well, I just kinda figured that someone like you..." I trail off.

Y/n smirks up at me. "Leonardo, you're blushing."

"Aheh." I chuckle nervously. "Well..."

"Wow, the great Leonardo undone by his own compliment." She stops to look up at me and crosses her arms. "In fact, I've never seen a better blend of green and pink."

I chuckle and shake my head down at her. "Okay, okay. I get it, Missy."

"No, no. I mean it, I never knew you could look so adorable."

My eyes roll at the tease, playing off the pinkness on my face. "Okay, payback. Ha ha ha. I get it."

"Oh yeah? Now you know how I feel, Blue."

"Touché." I chuckle softly and climb up the bars to move the manhole cover aside, then help her up. Then I help her up the side of the building towards the roof. As I get to the top, I glance over to see everything still set up as I left it. I look back to Y/n who's coming up behind me and I grab her hands to help her up, but pause.

"Wait. Close your eyes before you get up here."

"... Right now?"

"Yeah."

"Is this really the best time?"

"I've got you. Just trust me. It'll be like a trust exercise." I flash her a smile.

"That's a pretty dangerous trust exercise, don'tcha think?"

"Trust me." I repeat softly, holding her hands tighter.

"Okay ..." She sighs and hesitantly closes her eyes before gripping my hands tighter as well, and allowing me to pull her up. She stumbles into me a little but keeps her eyes closed.