Trapped

Your POV

I don't know what time it is or how long I've been here.

I don't know anything.

It feels like forever since she left through that door. But I can't tell if it feels more like a 45-minutes forever or a six-hour forever.

Ever since the whole... cutting incident and then my breakdown, my emotional state still found a way to take a turn for the worse. The short time I allowed myself to cry after all the intense pain made me livid afterwards. Eventually it dawned on me the scene I was making in front of the enemy. She wasn't there in the room, but I wouldn't be surprised if there were cameras in these dark corners that I still can't see. So I gave myself an extra two minutes to react to the pain, and then forced myself to suck it up. I was unwilling to let the enemy see my cry like this, no matter how much I needed to. It only made my skin crawl and insides churn with self disgust.

Not long later, one of those mechanical foot guards or whatever came in by itself and just stood next to me. To my right beside, more so behind me where I could barely see him, but close that I could if I turned my head as far as I could– which wasn't a lot. It didn't look at me or do anything at first, just standing there.

Creepy to say the least. I was already the least bit comfortable and its presence only made me more on edge, my whole side prickling as long as it stood close.

I guess it was supposed to make sure I didn't escape. As if I have any chance.

Don't think like that, Y/n.

After a while of complete and awkward silence and unwilling stillness, I eventually felt how late it was getting. I still didn't know what time it was by this point, but my internal clock told me it still had to be nighttime, especially since I've been here since so early in the night. It became obvious that she wasn't going to come back anytime soon, so I was forced to wait for whatever happened next. Which was just more waiting.

So I started to doze off, despite the uncomfortable and maddening reminder of these impossibly tight straps. I couldn't resist sleep, and I knew I'd been here for at least a few hours. I was just starting to slip into a somewhat comforting darkness when I felt a sudden, quick and hot-burning shock lurch throughout my whole body. My whole body jerked awake and my head snapped upright, eyes widening once they opened. A thousand sharp and prickling vibrations jolted throughout my body all at once. I could've sworn it had reached my heart and almost threatened to make it stop beating. A scream is ripped from the pit of my stomach.

As terrible as it was, it only lasted a few seconds. But it felt even worse after it was over. My skin felt like it was an oven overheating on itself. And I won't even talk about the smell. I had barely registered the movement of that robot's hand slipping off of my shoulder afterwards.

It went on like this for I don't know how long. I'd fight my need for sleep, I'd doze off anyway, I'd get another shock. You'd think I'd learn, but apparently my body is more tired than my pain receptors are sensitive. Even though I tried to fight it, the need for sleep would eventually take over. I'd tell myself I would only close my eyes, still tapping my foot both to keep myself awake and so the guard wouldn't think I fell asleep. But of course I still would, and every time earned me a longer and more painful shock.

That brings us up to speed to now, while I lay limp against the chair, panting and trying to catch my breath after another punishment. My entire body aches. My head becomes heavier the more I hold it up, but I force myself to or else this stupid robot will think I'm sleeping even if I'm not.