When He Yells at You

After school, the end of the day after movie night, I walk home with a boatload of stress on my shoulders. Out of nowhere teachers were assigning projects in just about every class now that it's that time of year. Most are due by the middle of next week which really doesn't enough time. On top of that, for some reason, my girl hormones randomly decided to punch me in the face with a surprise start acting up today. So I was pretty much an emotional train wreck the entire day with no energy to deal with it. The smallest action could've made me want to cry, blow up at someone, or just walk out of school altogether. Somehow I was able to keep it together for the day but now, altogether, I just feel really crappy. My bones are heavy and even putting the effort into walking back to the lair felt like a chore. I had no energy before and now I just want to eat something and act like this day never happened. At the very least I don't have to stay hours after school for f/a today.

I walk into the lair and notice Leo training in the dojo when I pass by. He swiftly swings his katanas, in deep focus as usual. I stop outside the door and quietly set my bag down, leaning against the doorway and watching.

"Back from school already?"

"No f/a today." I respond, noting how he didn't even see me yet when he said that.

He grunts in response, eyes being more serious as he gets back to focusing on his movements more. Which, out of nowhere, gives me chills, and for some reason makes me blush. He stops in mid-kata, then looks over to me and relaxes from his stance. I'm sure he can already tell how different I'm acting. Placing his katanas back into their sheaths, he walks over to me.

"You ok?" He frowns in concern and tilts his head.

"Yeah. Just tired is all." I answer lazily.

He nods and offers me a smile. "I'm about to finish up and get something to eat in a few minutes. You can go ahead if you want and I'll join you."

I nod at him and make my way into the kitchen, not even bothering to waste energy by picking my backpack back up. I look around. Not really having the energy to search around in the kitchen either, I reach for the first thing in sight, I grab an apple and look around for something to cut it with. I can eat this until Leo comes in and heats up the frozen pizza. I spot a knife laying on the counter so I use it to start cutting up the apple.

The only thing is that I'm still pretty tired from the day and wasn't paying complete attention while using it. The knife cuts in closer to the center, and Leo walks in just as it slices and cuts into my finger. I hiss in pain and instantly pull my hand back, dropping the knife and apple in the process.

"Y/n, what are you doing?!" Leo immediately rushes to my side, holding my hand and looking at the cut.

"Ow..."

"Are you okay?" He looks at the subtle slit across my index finger, then to me. "This is why you can't touch our weapons! Why would you use a kunai to cut an apple?"

I look back at the knife and realize it wasn't a regular kitchen knife after all like I thought. It was one of their throwing blades that actually look a little to close to kitchenware, the same kind I've always seen Leo carrying before. "I thought it was a regular knife..."

"A regular knife? These things are way worse than a kitchen knife, you have to be careful!" Even though he's freaking out, his hands engulf my cut finger gently.

I frown, unsure if he's worried I'm more hurt than I am or mad about me using one of their wrists. I look from the knife, back to my finger that just starts to let some blood through. Suddenly, I feel like a huge screw up; I wasn't paying enough attention. "I didn't mean to–"