When He Hurts You (Part 2)

Leo's POV

"Y/n, wait! Y/n! Please!" I yell as she ignores me and runs out of the lair, and out of my sight.

I groan and before I realize what I'm doing I punch the wall, making a sizable dent. Sitting down on my bed, I breath out the frustration of realizing what I've just done.

I can't believe I pushed her like that... How could I have just hurt her?!

I've never been this mad before, and the first time I screw up from it, she had to be the one I hurt. Figured that's how things would turn out to top this day off.

All in all, today was a complete disaster. First dealing with Raph, Mikey getting hurt because of Raph, and now this. My hands start to ball into fists again and I wince. I force myself to take a breath and calm down.

This must be what Raph feels like all the time...

This is why I tried meditating, but it only wound me up more, because whenever I closed my eyes all I saw was Mikey getting thrown off of that building.

__

1 Hour Ago

My brothers and I are on top of the Auman Chemicals factory, having it out with the Foot. Yet another situation Raph has gotten us into because he wanted to play rebel. The numbers are 20 to four. 21 counting Karai... I'm really not in the mood to deal with her and Raph today. So, somehow, I manage to avoid fighting her and her games, and take on a few soldiers at once, knowing she'd probably go for me and do her smack talking like she always does.

Despite the disadvantage we actually take them out pretty well. At least I thought we did. Until I heard a groan from behind me. I turn around to see Karai holding my unconscious baby brother over the side of the building. And watch helplessly as she doesn't hesitate to throw him over the edge.

"MIKEY!" I sprint over and look over the edge to see his limp body already lying in the middle of the ground. I quickly make my way down, all the while going through every possibility and willing him to be ok at the same time. When I jump down next to him, he's not moving. I check for a pulse on his neck. Faint but there... He's still breathing, barely... His arm is dislocated and his shell is loose, with several scrapes all over; from what I can tell of his injuries. Plus a bad bruise either from where she had knocked him out or he hit his head on the way down. I pick him up and pull him onto my back.

When I rejoin my brothers who are still fighting, we escape by smoke bomb so we can get Mikey home. We end up on the roof of some apartment building far enough away from The Foot. I let Donnie take a look at him in case he's not breathing or I've missed something in his injuries. As I stand and watch the two of them, Raph, with his sai still in hand, seems to be attempting to storm off again.

"Raph!" I turn to him. "Where are you going?"

"I'm outta here! You think you're so special! Just because you're the leader?! I'm tired of taking your crap every time I do something that doesn't fit your stupid, perfect, little mold!"

"Why is it so hard for you to listen to me for just once in your life?!"

"Maybe I'm sick of being expected to kiss up to the great Leonardo all the time."

"Hm. It's been a whole twelve minutes and seventeen seconds since they last had this argument. Must be a new record." Donnie mutters from the sidelines as he's looking over Mikey.

"You're so stubborn and hotheaded that you have to make an argument out of everything, don't you? None of this would've happened if you had just listened to me!"

"It's always my fault isn't it? It couldn't possibly have been your ridiculous plan right?"

I'm about about to answer back when I hear Mikey's unconscious whimpers. I grind my teeth and take a breath. "We don't have time for this right now. We need to get Mikey back to the lair."

He turns his back and starts to leave. "Well you can do it without me."

"Raph! Mikey's hurt, we need you. And it's not safe for you to be out on your own while the Foot are still–"

"I'm done taking orders from such a sorry excuse for a leader!"

__

I'm brought out of my recollection from feeling blood cover my left hand. Y/n certainly wasn't kidding... My hand was halfway covered with the red sticky substance and small glass shards were sticking out. I take a breath and stand up, heading for the lab to check up on Mikey and take care of my hand.

When I get there, Mikey's still unconscious. Donnie's still working on him. He looks over at me and my half green, half red hand. "Uh, what happened to you?"

"Had an unfortunate encounter with a lamp... When will he wake up?"

"No time soon. I had to give him an anesthetic and keep him knocked out long enough so he wouldn't feel anything. He's gonna be just fine. His shell lessened the blow. Probably shouldn't be doing as much activity for the next couple weeks though."

I nod and look at my helpless baby brother on that lab table. A feeling of guilt lurches in my chest so I get out of there as soon as I finish relieving and wrapping my hand. I take a moment in the bathroom and splash cold water on my face, trying to clear my head for at least a moment or two. It doesn't work.

Between knowing I should be helping Donnie who's working by himself, but being too uncomfortable around Mikey like that, wondering where in the world Raph could be, when he'll get back, and upsetting Y/n, I don't know where to begin.

A bag is laying on my floor when I get back to my room. I don't remember where it came from, until I realize it must have been what Y/n was carrying just minutes ago. I pick it up and read the store name printed in the brown paper. Pulling out a mostly blue comic book, the title Space Heroes: Next Generation comes into my vision from the top of the cover. It's the one comic of my collection I told Y/n that I didn't have...

My heart clenches in my chest. I sigh heavily, feeling ten times worse than before at the realization that this gift was why she came to my room in the first place... and I slammed her into a wall, for trying to help me.

Well you shouldn't be standing here and staring at it, wise guy. You need to be out there, looking for her and apologizing.

Only thing is she could've gone anywhere and...

Then a realization dawns on me that makes my blood turn frozen. The Foot are still out there.

Quickly, I grab the bag and swipe an ice pack for the damage I caused to her head on the way out. I don't know what I'm gonna say to her yet, all I know is if something happens to Y/n out there alone with the Foot because of me, I'll never be able to forgive myself for it.