Bandaids and Bullet Holes

Two hours had passed.

Two hours of slow beeps, applying ointment, sticking on bandages and icing bruises.

It took a mixed aroma of blood, perspiration and anxiety. But they were almost through it.

Donnie wiped his forehead. A streak of warm blood that wasn't his, left on his green skin.

A thin tube hung between Casey and Y/n, forcing him to keep his arm elevated to let his blood flow through it and down to her.

Splinter had returned, his leading of the goose chase successful. No footbots would be getting back to this lair. But when he entered the lab, all he could do as he set his eyes upon Y/n for the first time, was stare in shock and dread. For the young girl's life hanging in the balance, and his long lost daughter being the cause of it, at the same time. None of them had ever seen their master so taken off guard. So, terrified.

No one said anything to him. And he had just, left... Walked out of the lab while mumbling something to himself. They were too into the procedure and focused on her to stop again. They realized they wouldn't have known what to say anyway. He did mumble to his sons sitting on the couch as he passed by, letting them know he would be back later to offer his healing hands when they were ready, as he stumbled like a ghost into his private room.

Meanwhile, the core four of this operation were still quick at work. You'd think the place was a medical scene the way they worked so swiftly and diligently. Casey, ironically felt a bit useless at the moment. Sure he was giving the whole blood transfusion and everything, but standing around while the others brisked by in their work made him feel dormant. He wasn't sure when he was supposed to stop letting his blood flow into her system. And he would've asked, but he didn't want to break their concentration or distract them if it wasn't necessary yet. Everything just felt too... delicate. He was afraid to move and mess something up the atmosphere was so stiff.

Casey was suddenly starting to feel the drain, mind the pun... Of searching all day, fighting at night and giving his blood now. And the pungent smell of all this blood only contributed to his stomach's urge to let out his last meal.

"Dad... don't... leave..."

He looked down. Y/n was mumbling in her sleep again.

"She's been talking like that for hours," April stated softly.

Leo had briefly thought about asking April to see what all her sleep talking was about. He knew she would inadvertently be able to tell, with such strong feelings radiating from Y/n. But he didn't say anything about it. He really wanted to know, but it would invade her privacy. April probably wouldn't be comfortable with it either, and they didn't have the time.

"She's probably catching a fever," Donnie's hand rested over her sweating forehead.

Another thing to put on the list of worries to check on later.

They were finally finished with the first part, healing her front half. But now, the backside had to be checked. Fortunately April was able to use her telekinesis to turn Y/n on her front gently, though it didn't keep her from groaning at all the pressure on her front when she set her back down.

Donnie sighed in relief, her backside was fine. At least from a quick glance, they all saw that it wasn't anywhere near the level of severity that her front was. They were all exhausted. Physically, mentally, emotionally. So at least, for now, the tough part was over.