Meeting Again

"Ya know I never did get your name."

"Leonardo. You can call me Leo. And yours?"

My smile widens a bit. "Come by again sometime and I'll let you know."

Leo chuckles. "Deal."

Then he jumps off of the fire escape and runs off into the night.

• • •

"Hey, what happened to your hand?" Anna asks as we both pack our stuff up.

F/a has just ended and everyone's packing their stuff and talking now. Luckily today was an easy day, so everyone gets to leave a little earlier. Luckier for me considering last night...

"Um..." I start to think of a lie as I zip up. "I broke some glass yesterday, wasn't careful enough..."

She nods, luckily not questioning my vague explanation, and the two of us grab our bags and head outside for her to wait for her ride. For the umpteenth time today I'm led to thinking about that strange creature who saved me last night. Leo... Partially because of how dramatically mysterious he is, and partially because of the bruises on my back from being slammed against the dumpster so much.

"You ready for the (final/event) in a few weeks?" Anna asks me, bringing me from my reoccurring thoughts.

"Yeah, I'm so excited. We are gonna kill it."

Anna laughs as her mom pulls up. "Are you sure you don't want a ride home?"

"Yeah, it's fine. I don't wanna be a bother."

"I don't think my mom will mind."

"It's okay. It's just a few blocks, and I need to get some food and other stuff on the way back anyway. But thanks."

She nods and gets in the car, waving with her goofy smile. "Alrighty, try not to get mugged! See ya tomorrow."

"Bye," I smile, waving to her and her mom as they drive off. Oh the irony.

On the walk back home I pick up some (favorite/fast/food) and stop by one more shop to get something, feeling glad that it's not too close to dark yet since we got out a couple hours early. I warily cross onto my block again, looking around. There are more people around than yesterday, so that's a good sign.

But a few moments later I get that feeling again. Like I'm being watched or followed. I tense up a little.

Relax, Y/n... you're probably just paranoid from yesterday. Nothing's gonna happen in broad daylight in front of all these people.

But the feeling remains there. It's different than last night though; I actually don't feel endangered like before. More so... watched over. Almost protected? And the only time I've ever had that feeling was with...

Leo.

As soon I get the idea I immediately look up towards the rooftops, and could've sworn I just saw a certain turtle-like figure flipping onto the next building I'm nearing upon. I lightly chuckle and, against my better judgement, walk into the alley next to the building. I scale the side of the building up to the roof, where I can see Leo crouching at the ledge and looking over the city streets. I walk a bit closer. It looks as if he's looking for someone specific...

I grin, walking up behind him. "Are you stalking me now?" I ask playfully.

Leo quickly turns, seeing me, and smiles awkwardly with a chuckle. "I wouldn't call it that necessarily..." I cock an eyebrow playfully and he continues. "I thought I'd check up on you after what you went through last night... Figured since you'll be out pretty late for a while I'd help with you getting home."