Pain Has Many Faces

Leo's POV

We're finally out on the rooftops, doing something other than sitting and waiting around in the lair. The coil of dread still sits like a tight knot in my stomach, but a glimmer of a hope that's been missing finally comes back now that we're out and doing something about all of this.

We're heading for Casey and April's signals on the trackers on our T-phones; doing our best to catch up and help them as soon as possible in their road chase. Who knows what's happened by now? I just know as soon as we catch those two idiots we'll have to get whatever information we can out of them.

"I see the van! We're almost there!" Donnie yells to us as the wind whips past. I look down at the street below and spot the van too. As well as Casey still skating behind it at a distance and dodging to defend himself as Rahzar fires a laser at him, hanging outside of the back of the van. April isn't far behind, running after them as she uses her powers to just barely help the other cars on the street avoid the van before any accidents could happen.

"Hey, that street up ahead's blocked off, they're gonna make a left! We can–"

"Whoa!" Raph's cut off when Mikey's the first to land on the building that was just ahead of us. We were all so focused on the street fight below, we hadn't even noticed the number of foot bots that were growing amongst those already standing on the rooftop. We halted on the opposite end of the building as soon as we landed there, not daring to move any further. More and more bots seemed to climb up endlessly from below and populate their end of the roof. There were beginning to be so many, where were they coming from? They appeared one by one until there were about thirty of them standing on the opposite end; a full fleet. Some of the first to reach the top notice my brothers and me, but make no move to attack. The rest remained clueless while watching the last remaining robots finish their ascent up onto the building. But they all stood there idly as if waiting for something to happen.

Just before I was about to arm myself, one last figure appeared from below the rooftop. A stalky, male, human figure dressed in all black protruded from the top floor of the building to join the fleet.

"Wha– who is that?" Raph tightens his hold on his weapons, ready to pounce. It's not everyday we see a random guy just running around with a legion of Foot soldiers.

The blond figure notices us immediately, and his brows knit together in what I'd want to say was probably confusion, but the way he reacted led me to believe it could've been otherwise. And his new stark expression didn't change much from the old stark one upon seeing us. It for sure isn't a face that looks like it goes through many different expressions.

"The turtles..." I barely catch him mumbling decisively.

"Foot bots?" Donnie wonders aloud.

"If he's with Foot bots, that means he's working with the Shredder." Raph jabs his sai towards him accusingly, even if we are greatly outnumbered.

The guy responds by crossing his arms and setting his feet apart, as if confirming our suspicions with his body language. He stood in front of the Foot soldiers instead of amongst them, directly across from me to separate himself from the crowd. Hiding his intent by coming off casual, but still physically ready for any attack. Or to attack. "Returning back to your lair I see?" His eyes momentarily shift down to the building beneath our feet.

"... Our lair? This dump? Gross!" Mikey almost glares at him for suggesting such a thing. "Why would we ever pick this place?"

I quickly hold out my arm and fist to signal Mikey and everyone else to remain quiet.

"Who's asking?"

I'll never know whether he intended to answer that question or not, cause as soon as I finished the question, there was only time to register his smirk before I heard the sound of a car skid followed by a loud crash right after.