He Asks You Out

I'm laying on the couch and watching Mikey play with his... ice cream cat? I honestly can't stop looking away from the strange creature as it sits and wriggles happily in its cooler.

"So... how'd you say she ended up being created like this again?"

"Oh, I got ice cream into some of Donnie's sciency experiment mutagen and she drank from it."

"Right, right... of course..."

He grins. "Come meet her, dudette. I don't think you two have been properly introduced. She won't bite. At least, she won't if you're not Raph. Which, you're in luck, because you're not!"

I chuckle and get off the couch, plopping myself next to Mikey on the floor along with the cooler containing the cat. "Y/n, this is Ice Cream Kitty. Ice Cream Kitty, this is Y/n." He leans closer to the cat and adds on in a very loud whisper, "You haven't met her yet because she never touches the fridge and forgets a lot that she lives here and can touch things without getting permission."

I laugh a bit at his remark, and look at the oddly shaped pile of ice cream. Maybe he's right, I'm not used to accepting help from people. Guess my awkward behavior has been as noticeable as I figured. The kitty purrs and wiggles around in what I guess is her approval of me.

I gotta say how glad I am that Mikey's staying so positive after what happened with Karai, without even trying. Every time I notice the bruising on the left front side of his head or the sling covering his arm, my heart sinks for him. I don't understand how people could want to hurt Mikey of all people.

The kitty then leans forward and licks my nose, coating it with chocolate ice cream and snapping me out of that thought.

Mikey giggles. "She likes you."

I cross my eyes, probably looking ridiculous, to look at my nose and wipe it off, instinctively licking some off my hand. My eyebrows raise and I nod in approval. "Still tastes good."

Donnie grimaces, emerging from the door. "How can you guys eat that?"

"Hey!" Mikey perks. "Donnie finally came out of his man cave to come play video games with me!"

"It's called a lab." He corrects for the umpteenth time. "And actually I'm just getting coffee." Mikey groans dramatically and sprawls himself out on the floor. "Why don't you play video games with Y/n?"

"She's never played this one."

"Then teach her." He disappears into the kitchen.

Mikey's eyes widen from the floor. "Why didn't I think'a that?!" He grins and shoots up, excitedly shoving a controller in my hand. "I'm gonna teach you everything I know!"

"Hold on a second, Mikey," Leo says walking in. "I wanna ask you something, Y/n, if that's okay with you."

I nod before Mikey groans again and drapes himself back on the floor. I smile and set the controller on his stomach before getting up. "Sorry."

"Just have Ice Cream Kitty play with you." Leo suggests.

"No, she always cheats." He pouted and earned a hiss from the cat. "And I always lose."

Leo looks at me as I join him and he shrugs. "He'll be fine." I can't help but giggle a bit. He looks at me again before smiling and wiping some more ice cream from my nose.

I slap my hand over my face as it goes red. "God that's embarrassing..." He laughs and takes my hand away from my face, leading me into his room. I lean at the edge of his bed as he picks up something from his desk.